What happens if you dont recieve a item of here

A lady on here sent me a babys toy on here on the 12th , i havent yet recieved it.

She has shown me proof of postage , so we are both unsure what to do.

It was sent just normal post, not recorded, i think it was 2nd class but may of been 1st i cant remember what she said.

Does she start a dispute with royal mail? or do i if so how is it done.

Do i also contact the mods on here or just try to resolve alone?

26 Comments

lossa royal mail strikes around xx

Have the lady check with royal mail in the first instance xx

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6702527

lossa royal mail strikes around xxHave the lady check with royal mail in … lossa royal mail strikes around xxHave the lady check with royal mail in the first instance xx

I did say this, and i said i was happy to wait a little longer but i think the buyer wants to resolve x :thumbsup:

Tinkytayls;6702543

I did say this, and i said i was happy to wait a little longer but i … I did say this, and i said i was happy to wait a little longer but i think the buyer wants to resolve x :thumbsup:

..........you're the buyer....right?

She'll need to put in a claim with RM if it doesn't arrive, but won't be able to do so until 15 days (can't remember if this is 15 working days or just 15 days) have passed.

If she didn't give you the option of Recorded Delivery, in all honesty she should refund you as soon as the the 15 days have passed, and then pursue the claim herself. If she gave you the choice of standard or recorded post, again she could refund you straight away, but I could also understand why she'd want to sort the claim before refunding (as you would have had the option of trackable or untrackable post)

Banned

midlandscomics;6702560

She'll need to put in a claim with RM if it doesn't arrive, but won't be … She'll need to put in a claim with RM if it doesn't arrive, but won't be able to do so until 15 days (can't remember if this is 15 working days or just 15 days) have passed.If she didn't give you the option of Recorded Delivery, in all honesty she should refund you as soon as the the 15 days have passed, and then pursue the claim herself. If she gave you the choice of standard or recorded post, again she should refund you straight away, but I could understand why she'd want to sort the claim before refunding (as you would have had the option of trackable or untrackable post)

I wouldnt refund until RM had paid out if buyer decided they didnt want to pay for recorded. The buyer has to return a form stating non-arrival.

csiman;6702594

I wouldnt refund until RM had paid out if buyer decided they didnt want … I wouldnt refund until RM had paid out if buyer decided they didnt want to pay for recorded. The buyer has to return a form stating non-arrival.

Nor would I, but I know some buyers will expect them too regardless.

Put 'should' instead of 'could' above... have amended now :oops:

Original Poster

Oh no im the buyer...

I dont think there was ever a mention what way it was going to be sent as it was already in cluded in the price x

Just to add i havent recieved a few things i have bought , but i think personally its just the strike and it will turn up some time hopefully this week or next x

Tinkytayls;6702655

Oh no im the buyer... I dont think there was ever a mention what way it … Oh no im the buyer... I dont think there was ever a mention what way it was going to be sent as it was already in cluded in the price xJust to add i havent recieved a few things i have bought , but i think personally its just the strike and it will turn up some time hopefully this week or next x

If you weren't given a choice with what postage option was used, I'd say you would be entitled to a refund as soon as 15 days have passed from the point of posting

You're right about the postal strikes though. I posted something at the beginning of the month 1st class recorded and it took just over 2 weeks to arrive :roll:

Tinkytayls;6702655

Oh no im the buyer... I dont think there was ever a mention what way it … Oh no im the buyer... I dont think there was ever a mention what way it was going to be sent as it was already in cluded in the price xJust to add i havent recieved a few things i have bought , but i think personally its just the strike and it will turn up some time hopefully this week or next x

Ask the seller to contact RM... that should make her wish to wait a lil longer, at least til the 15 days have passed and for some grace due to the strikes xx

Banned

tinkerbell28;6702741

A good seller would refund on the 15 day point regardless the seller has … A good seller would refund on the 15 day point regardless the seller has the obligation to get the goods to you, whatever postal method you pay for, if they do not arrive it's down to the seller to claim of RM and refund the buyer, claims from Rm can take ages it's not fair for the buyer to wait. That's how it should be really.

dont agree at all. If recorded delivery is selected, then both the buyer and seller should have to wait until RM have paid up.

as I said, the buyer need to fill out a RM form and if already refunded, might just not bother.

tinkerbell28;6702868

Wow, that's terrible selling really IMO, how would you feel if you … Wow, that's terrible selling really IMO, how would you feel if you ordered something of play, I think 21 days is long enough but you were a buyer and they made you wait 15 workings days it is with rm, so 3 weeks and then the extra few weeks for a claim, you would be pretty hacked off, shocking, now I know why I don't really use fs/t much :lol:

I agree with csiman on this one.

With recorded delivery, as you know, you can see when an item has been delivered (and even if it doesn't update online, which is often the case, you can always phone them and find out if it has or not). If after the 15 days it's not there, you'd refund them, no questions asked.

As a seller, if you send something via standard mail you've only got the buyers word on if an item does/doesn't arrive. RM have no way of telling you either way, so if a buyer wanted a refund due to an item not arriving, neither of you can prove any different.

Fair enough, if you only gave the option of standard post, and that's a risk you're willing to take as a seller I think you should refund after 15 days. However, if you gave a choice of recorded or non-recorded, and the buyer chose non-recorded to save a few pennies, I think it's more than reasonable for them to co-operate with the claim before they get their refund.

this has happened to me recently aswell she will need to fill out a p58 form after 15 days

Banned

sleep soundly knowing that a postie and his family are a little better off at this time of year and you helped.

Hope this helps

toshapetriji;6703024

sleep soundly knowing that a postie and his family are a little better … sleep soundly knowing that a postie and his family are a little better off at this time of year and you helped.Hope this helps

ever since this has happened to me i dot trust RM, i think its bloody ridiculous that you pay for a service and they loose or steal your mail, i doubt ill get any compensation for my claim aswell, 20 quids worth of gear:x

Banned

tinkerbell28;6702868

Wow, that's terrible selling really IMO, how would you feel if you … Wow, that's terrible selling really IMO, how would you feel if you ordered something of play, I think 21 days is long enough but you were a buyer and they made you wait 15 workings days it is with rm, so 3 weeks and then the extra few weeks for a claim, you would be pretty hacked off, shocking, now I know why I don't really use fs/t much :lol:

Its pretty standard practice from what I have seen on here when recorded delivery option is turned down

been ripped off before from ebay when seller said it hadnt arrived and RM tracking confirmed this.

refunded and made a claim only for buyer to not bother to fill out the form despite constant requests from me. Only £15 but wont go down that route again.

If buyer had excellent feedback (50+) on HUKD then I might consider to refund immediately.

hardly what I would call "terrible selling"

I aint play.com no matter how I wish I was :-D

Banned

It´s Karma for calling me an old bag

hope this helps

Original Poster

I have tried to pm seller but inbox full, i am happy to wait but its more the seller that is worried, my post is awful at the best of times but it has been a while. thanks for everyone that helped, i will pass on on the info when they have cleared their inbox x

Tinkytayls;6703109

I have tried to pm seller but inbox full, i am happy to wait but its more … I have tried to pm seller but inbox full, i am happy to wait but its more the seller that is worried, my post is awful at the best of times but it has been a while. thanks for everyone that helped, i will pass on on the info when they have cleared their inbox x

send seller the thread lol

I'm sure she'll wait the extra couple of days before she has to return your payment.......lol

Even RD isn't guaranteed to prove delivery,quite often it never shows up as delivered at all.

In the meantime i'd give your local sorting office a ring and see if they have any parcels for you,they have been known not to bother leaving cards.

Original Poster

deb8z;6703165

Even RD isn't guaranteed to prove delivery,quite often it never shows up … Even RD isn't guaranteed to prove delivery,quite often it never shows up as delivered at all.In the meantime i'd give your local sorting office a ring and see if they have any parcels for you,they have been known not to bother leaving cards.

just rang and no one bothered to answer... will try again in a bit x:thumbsup:

toshapetriji;6703079

It´s Karma for calling me an old bag hope this helps

LOL LOL LOL .... LollingtonVille @ this ^^^^^^^^^

Edit : according to the FS/FT guidelines/rules/something or others......the ownership of the items doesnt pass to the buyer until they receive them, if the items are "lost" in the post then the seller should refund the buyer and pursue the parcel carrier for the loss.

Tinkytayls;6703174

just rang and no one bothered to answer... will try again in a bit … just rang and no one bothered to answer... will try again in a bit x:thumbsup:

They might close for lunch,my sorting office does:thumbsup:

Banned

StevenA2000_uk;6703206

LOL LOL LOL .... LollingtonVille @ this ^^^^^^^^^Edit : according to the … LOL LOL LOL .... LollingtonVille @ this ^^^^^^^^^Edit : according to the FS/FT guidelines/rules/something or others......the ownership of the items doesnt pass to the buyer until they receive them, if the items are "lost" in the post then the seller should refund the buyer and pursue the parcel carrier for the loss.:)

doesnt give a time frame for refund though.

Banned

i am sure you and the seller can work things out without this thread, they are either happy to refund you or they arent, either way the thread you purchased from should be kept updated in the fs boards, not in here

csiman;6703702

doesnt give a time frame for refund though.

Agreed. However we dont need to be spoon fed every step of the way. Common sense should prevail with regards to the item being labelled as "lost" once the length of time has past as defined by the parcel carrier.

The refund should then be processed if the item has not been received at that point.

Banned

StevenA2000_uk;6704336

Agreed. However we dont need to be spoon fed every step of the way. … Agreed. However we dont need to be spoon fed every step of the way. Common sense should prevail with regards to the item being labelled as "lost" once the length of time has past as defined by the parcel carrier. The refund should then be processed if the item has not been received at that point.

exactly. I would say about 3-4 weeks.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846118
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764084
    3. Sad news about Barcelona1869
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?66

See more discussions