What has been more dissapointing - Cyber Mon or Black Fri?

Found 27th Nov 2017
Black Fri seems to have been widely acknowledged on here to have been the worst ever for deals. Cyber Mon does not seem to have been any better. Traditionaly good for electronics and video gaming I have seen very little.

And to emphasise the point, I never thought I would say this as no fan of Argos, but they have been a shining light today!!

What are other peoples thoughts on it all?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
13 Comments

As a gamer this has been a great Black Friday, especially from Argos...

The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind - £10.99
Prey - £11.99
Knack 2 - £12.99
Nioh - £12.99
The Last of Us Remastered - £12.99
Uncharted: the Lost Legacy - £12.99
The Last Guardian - £12.99
Wipeout Omega Collection - £12.99
Everybodys Golf - £12.99
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Launch Edition - £12.99
Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection - £12.99
Ratchet & Clank - £12.99
Eve: Valkyrie VR - £13.99
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age - £15.49
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 - £15.49
Final Fantasy XV - £15.99
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game of the Year - £16.99
LEGO City Undercover - £16.99
Horizon Zero Dawn - £18.99
Bloodborne GOTY Edition - £18.99
Gran Turismo Sport - £18.99
Cars 3: Driven to Win - £20.99
Battlefield 1 Revolution - £20.99
Sonic Forces - £21.49
Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy - £21.99
Nier: Automata - £23.99
Forza 7 - £24.49
Persona 5 - £27.99
WWE 2K18 - £27.99
Need for Speed: Payback - £32.99

Both crap ,they can scrap both for me it’s all hype ...I watched something the other day and these researchers found prices were cheaper 3 weeks after Black Friday

ashmac20 m ago

Both crap ,they can scrap both for me it’s all hype ...I watched something …Both crap ,they can scrap both for me it’s all hype ...I watched something the other day and these researchers found prices were cheaper 3 weeks after Black Friday

I think it depends what you are into and if you know your stuff. Sorry to bring up gaming again but Black Friday 2016 at HMV they did Titanfall 2 for £19.99. For the time that was an amazing price and it didn't fall to that price again until well into this year. Now fast forward to Black Friday this year and HMV are doing Destiny 2 for £19.99. I can imagine the exact same thing will happen, it will jump back up in price and not be had for that price again until well into next year.

I am only using gaming as an example of something I am into and know about. My point is you need to know about what you are looking for to be able to judge if something is a good price and what the price will do in the coming months.

Personally I have got quite a few real bargains. But you really need to be the savvy shopper these days, not just during these sales days but any days. Electronics manufacturers now making products specifically to sell on Black Friday (also other sales), price promises that will never pay out (Models specific to retailer). It's just what I always buy by, "I am happy to pay x price for that product" regardless of what stupid RRP or saving might be tagged to the deal.
Did bag what I'd say my best deal yet, though might also say it was a price gltich, just in the right place at the right time.

My "Glitch"

To me it just seems that Black Friday and Cyber Monday were just 2 days within a week of ‘ok’ sales. Definitely not the bargains that Black Friday used to give when hardly any Brits realised anything was going on... it felt very ‘planned’ this year with offers widely advertised to increase sales volume rather than hype around a couple of items being sold at mega-bargain prices as it has been in the past. Was it not Black Friday when Amazon only gave clues to what might be on a lightening deal and then it was a frantic click-fest to get it before all 2 of them sold out!!!? It was more fun back then and if you got something it really was a bargain - this year like I said before...
it just felt like a week of ok sales but I guess a lot more people got the benefit of it which is good.

Thanksgiving was a bit naff this year.

Original Poster

Speaking as a Nintendo gamer (which is clearly different to being a XB or PS gamer) I found it to be disappointing video games and accessories wise. Some might say well the 3DS is reaching it's end and the Switch is super new and in demand, but even then there was just little there.

Pink_Yoshi_Rebel_Army3 h, 49 m ago

As a gamer this has been a great Black Friday, especially from Argos...The …As a gamer this has been a great Black Friday, especially from Argos...The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind - £10.99Prey - £11.99Knack 2 - £12.99Nioh - £12.99The Last of Us Remastered - £12.99Uncharted: the Lost Legacy - £12.99The Last Guardian - £12.99Wipeout Omega Collection - £12.99Everybodys Golf - £12.99Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Launch Edition - £12.99Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection - £12.99Ratchet & Clank - £12.99Eve: Valkyrie VR - £13.99Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age - £15.49Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 - £15.49Final Fantasy XV - £15.99The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game of the Year - £16.99LEGO City Undercover - £16.99Horizon Zero Dawn - £18.99Bloodborne GOTY Edition - £18.99Gran Turismo Sport - £18.99Cars 3: Driven to Win - £20.99Battlefield 1 Revolution - £20.99Sonic Forces - £21.49Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy - £21.99Nier: Automata - £23.99Forza 7 - £24.49Persona 5 - £27.99WWE 2K18 - £27.99Need for Speed: Payback - £32.99

So, are you highlighting good deals here, or sharing your own purchases?

Illusionary20 m ago

So, are you highlighting good deals here, or sharing your own purchases?

Definitely highlighting I couldn't afford all of that just before Christmas

Pink_Yoshi_Rebel_Army6 m ago

Definitely highlighting I couldn't afford all of that just before …Definitely highlighting I couldn't afford all of that just before Christmas

Just thought that I'd check

It was pure and simple. Orchestrated deals with next to no originality.
Yes I’ve spent a small fortune, well quite a lot. However it was all on things I was wanting/needing. The prices I paid were about as good as I was going to get. Though not spectacular.

The only unique but now is what will I find and in what condition in the Amazon Warehouse.

Amazon was the biggest disappointment. I remember the excitement of the first Black Friday on Amazon waiting until the deal started revealing the discount. They were all Lightning Deals. Now there were so many deals and it was a load of tat. The deals of the day were rubbish as well.

John Lewis' sales have gone from bad to worse.

For me the best was Nike's 30% as this represented a genuine discount. Unfortunately I was a bit late to the party and missed out on some running shoes I really wanted.
Edited by: "DistortedVision" 28th Nov 2017

Currys were the worst. No stock of xbox ones since about 8am Friday, yet today they seem to have miraculously got them again albeit with huge price rises
Post a comment
@
    Text