What has happened to this website?

Found 24th Nov 2017
First came here in 2006 (according to my profile). Stopped looking on the site probably 18 months - 2 years ago because I wasn't finding anything good on here anymore. Thought I'd pop back for a quick look on Black Friday.

What has happened?!

The look and feel is dreadful. It's very hard to navigate around. And all the deals seem to be for computer games and electronics.

Such a shame. This site was great in the early years. So much missed potential.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

Don't worry there will be another dozen app updates before the end of the day.
24 Comments

Don't worry there will be another dozen app updates before the end of the day.

Yeah rightey o.

After lots of consultation, the HUKD membership voted overwhelmingly (82.1% in favour) for this latest update to be implemented. Don't come in here peeing on our chips

deeky18 m ago

After lots of consultation, the HUKD membership voted overwhelmingly …After lots of consultation, the HUKD membership voted overwhelmingly (82.1% in favour) for this latest update to be implemented. Don't come in here peeing on our chips

You got that written onnthe side of your bus, Boris?

deeky1 h, 31 m ago

After lots of consultation, the HUKD membership voted overwhelmingly …After lots of consultation, the HUKD membership voted overwhelmingly (82.1% in favour) for this latest update to be implemented. Don't come in here peeing on our chips

82.1% of the very small percentage that were asked?

Segata-Sanshiro1 h, 26 m ago

You got that written onnthe side of your bus, Boris?

HAHAHAHAHA You made a Brexit joke, just love the originality ...never gets old.

32544593-l0Xoy.jpg

Website sucks now. Community gone. All people do is argue about Brexit.
Edited by: "SDLiam" 24th Nov 2017

I hated it but got used to it

I do miss the old skool app

deeky2 h, 8 m ago

you forgot to add the strapline at the end of any of those surveys, out of the 5 people surveyed, which included someone called Juliet, Andy and Jay and wishIhad......

I joined a week before the OP. Back in the early days deals would get posted where cashback and discount codes were in the 'final' price. Now a lot more scrutiny is put on each deal which is good.

This site has taught me a lot over the years and saved me a l lot of money
Edited by: "dilatedpupils" 24th Nov 2017

eslick13 m ago

you forgot to add the strapline at the end of any of those surveys, out of …you forgot to add the strapline at the end of any of those surveys, out of the 5 people surveyed, which included someone called Juliet, Andy and Jay and wishIhad......

I shouldn't laugh, but you nearly made me snort tea everywhere

I think HUKD does provide a community platform to people that might not otherwise get these sorts of varied (and sometimes cutting) interactions. People can be more confident in an anonymous form, and thus more willing to share. It's quite heartwarming, I think, that a site predominantly based on consumerism and saving money has developed into a space where people are mostly trying to help each other. And that doesn't mean just posting deals, it includes sharing advice and experience on some very personal matters.

Where else would you buy all these things you never knew you didn't need!
(still resisting signing up to Gearbest )
Edited by: "Itsbowtime" 24th Nov 2017

do not fear change.

it has pros and cons, i like the 10 page autoscroll.

eslick1 h, 43 m ago

you forgot to add the strapline at the end of any of those surveys, out of …you forgot to add the strapline at the end of any of those surveys, out of the 5 people surveyed, which included someone called Juliet, Andy and Jay and wishIhad......

Don't get me started on the shampoo ads
Actually, I think I was just..
32546369-qAsN4.jpg
Edited by: "deeky" 24th Nov 2017

The more people learn about sites like this the more competition for the best deals, that paired with retailers getting wiser means the frequency and quality of deals was always going to decline whatever the site did. Just be glad you were there in the golden era while it lasted, it'll never come again.

deeky1 h, 37 m ago

Don't get me started on the shampoo ads Actually, I think I was …Don't get me started on the shampoo ads Actually, I think I was just..[Image]

I honestly thought you were being serious now I need your gif
Edited by: "eslick" 24th Nov 2017

eslick3 m ago

I honestly thought you were being serious now I need your gif

This one?
32547973-4Ru2e.jpg

The website is better than the app.
But that's like saying you'd prefer to juggle dog poo than elephant poo.

There's a lot of good electronic deals today. So the site has a lot of good electronic deals.

I'll be the first to admit electronics are prevalent, but judging the site by one very unusual day is not giving you a true view of the site today.

I blame the Op and the rest of the old skool for the way things went; about 18 months - 2 years ago they all just suddenly disappeared, leaving us to take up the reins - we weren't ready, Op, we weren't ready!
Edited by: "tryn2help" 24th Nov 2017

Agree with the op.
Taylored towards the more simple social media types who will click through the sites affiliate links.
Was good in the day, but understand the direction. Profits to make, which is fair enough.

yeah the app and desktop sites are terrible nowadays but the real kicker is the loss of FS/FT!!!!

HUKD is a shell of what it was a good 5 or so years ago... too many power hungry (not the words I'd like to use) mods is the icing on a bitter cake.
Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 27th Nov 2017

HUKD should ditch all buttons and go for a swipe system similar to apples iPhoneX

i.e.
Swipe up to see latest deals
swipe down to see newest deals
swipe right to see computer deals
swipe left to see audio visual deals
swipe bottom left to top right to see mobile deals
swipe bottom right to top left to see entertainment deals
clockwise circle brings up misc
anti clockwise circle brings voucher code
stabbing at screen randomly takes you to home screen
place palm on screen and rotate it 180 degrees allows you to like a deal
etc!

I dont mind the new layout, it takes a while to get used to though.
Does seems to change depending on which device i am using which is a bit confusing
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants