what has this turned to

This is my second account due to loss of credentials but what has this site gotten in to, the thing that people need to realise is that a deal is a deal, whether what the deal involves isn't a to someone's liking, it's still a deal and it may help someone searching for a specific product. I don't understand why some threads get so much hate for someone trying to help the community

7 Comments

In my opinion this site is being spoiled by only a handful of members, some possibly using multiple accounts simultaneously to troll other members and backup their argument. There is lots of positive input on deals and discussions but its getting more and more common now to see discussions being hijacked by the same group of members who start having a go at each other.

each persons opinion of a deal is different. If a car normally costs £50k, and is reduced to £35k, you may think it's a stonking deal. but if said car is rubbish, and on a par with several other cars that retail at £20k, then some people may decide that it's still £15k too expensive and vote cold. And that's what this site is all about in my opinion.

What about this scenario. I see a some audio/video related thing that is normally £400 but has been discounted down to £300 at a reputable enough retailer, which is the cheapest around as far as I can check. Now if I personally don't rate the product or the retailer do I not bother posting the deal? Just going by what cold voters have been saying over the years.

Just post the deal. If someone finds it cheaper elsewhere that's great for the community. If it goes cold but someone still finds your post useful then that's great too. If the comments aren't not to your liking, don't read them. Just take part in what is a great community regardless of the odd member that gets up your nose. Contribute and enjoy :-)

androidavis

What about this scenario. I see a some audio/video related thing that is … What about this scenario. I see a some audio/video related thing that is normally £400 but has been discounted down to £300 at a reputable enough retailer, which is the cheapest around as far as I can check.

But is it value for money at £300? If an equivalent product is £250 then you're not saving £100 but paying £50 more then you need to - and that's no deal.

If all you want is to know the cheapest price on something specific then there are lots of price comparison/history sites out there that will be more accurate 99% of the time than an HUKD search.

It makes more sense to use HUKD to alert people to unusually good value products, rather than as a price drop monitoring site.

EndlessWaves

But is it value for money at £300? If an equivalent product is £250 then y … But is it value for money at £300? If an equivalent product is £250 then you're not saving £100 but paying £50 more then you need to - and that's no deal.If all you want is to know the cheapest price on something specific then there are lots of price comparison/history sites out there that will be more accurate 99% of the time than an HUKD search. It makes more sense to use HUKD to alert people to unusually good value products, rather than as a price drop monitoring site.

Fully agree. If I personally don't think something is good value for money, then I wouldn't post it. To me that's akin to recommending a tradesman to someone that you wouldn't have working in your own house.

I guess OP is a bit miffed about his vacuum flask deal......... it was a bad deal and i gave my opinion on it.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Car Leasing Deals (Audi, Golf or Scirocco)11
    2. Electricity11
    3. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    4. Which Camera?!!!22

See more discussions