What if the Government give us all £1000 a month?

Posted 19th Mar
There are whispers going around that the government may agree to give individuals up to £1000 per month to help with the Corona Virus emergency similar to the USA.

I wonder if you work at home if you would automatically get it too.

Also, what would you do with it?
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
I think that if the government did that then you’d see a lot of posts on here saying "Best gaming PC for £1000?".
u66454119/03/2020 21:10

If they did then it would done in goodwill and be in the form of vouchers …If they did then it would done in goodwill and be in the form of vouchers to kick start the economy. Unfortunately there would be a proportion of the public that would sell them for cash to criminals..

I don't think banks let you exchange Bella Italia and SportsDirect Gift Cards for cash
adamspencer9519/03/2020 19:49

apparently they found £330bn to help out businessesseems cheaper to bail …apparently they found £330bn to help out businessesseems cheaper to bail out the people rather than businesses...no?

Help for business is a loan. Not a grand so your nan can get a new sofa
47 Comments
Save it up and buy a car
Yeah, because I hear they’ve got £66 billion just kicking around to hand out. Where one earth have you heard this from?
No chance, if anything like that happened it will be a loan not a freebie
rsmorbitsound19/03/2020 19:30

Yeah, because I hear they’ve got £66 billion just kicking around to hand ou …Yeah, because I hear they’ve got £66 billion just kicking around to hand out. Where one earth have you heard this from?

apparently they found £330bn to help out businesses

seems cheaper to bail out the people rather than businesses...no?
I would pay my bills and mortgage etc... I earn more than that a month so it still leaves me with less for the month if I am forced not to go to work.
Edited by: "dbizal" 19th Mar
It would be per family not individual and unless they also suspended all bill payments (not to be paid back at a later date) £1000 wouldn't be enough for me to stop working and I couldn't work from home.
I hope so

Yeah, because I hear they’ve got £66 billion just kicking around to hand ou …Yeah, because I hear they’ve got £66 billion just kicking around to hand out. Where one earth have you heard this from?

Oh sweet child you know so little they say money doesnt come out of thin air, yes it does look at Central Banks
Edited by: "Norseg" 19th Mar
ps5 and seriesx
Lol never gonna happen ull be lucky if you get a extra £20 a week
I think that if the government did that then you’d see a lot of posts on here saying "Best gaming PC for £1000?".
adamspencer9519/03/2020 19:49

apparently they found £330bn to help out businessesseems cheaper to bail …apparently they found £330bn to help out businessesseems cheaper to bail out the people rather than businesses...no?

If they did then it would done in goodwill and be in the form of vouchers to kick start the economy. Unfortunately there would be a proportion of the public that would sell them for cash to criminals.

u66454119/03/2020 21:10

If they did then it would done in goodwill and be in the form of vouchers …If they did then it would done in goodwill and be in the form of vouchers to kick start the economy. Unfortunately there would be a proportion of the public that would sell them for cash to criminals..

I don't think banks let you exchange Bella Italia and SportsDirect Gift Cards for cash
Norseg19/03/2020 21:16

I don't think banks let you exchange Bella Italia and SportsDirect Gift …I don't think banks let you exchange Bella Italia and SportsDirect Gift Cards for cash

Took me a minute to get that
rsmorbitsound19/03/2020 20:37

Im guessing youre against the idea of UBI, i am too but one off payment during a Pandemic is beneficial
We maybe heading towards a recession
a lot of workers are gonna be hit hard especially self employed/tradere

Also we shouldn't be bailing out banks no airlines

The Bank of England creates new money with the click of a mouse. Ever heard of quantitative easing?
I'll happily donate it. Hopefully its means tested or itll be chaos.
teefa19/03/2020 21:23

The Bank of England creates new money with the click of a mouse. Ever …The Bank of England creates new money with the click of a mouse. Ever heard of quantitative easing?

Guess who owns the Bank of England? Most would think the government or the Queen
Nah its Rothschild Family, privately owned

..i just realized ive talked about them a lot today probably because ive been addicted to documentaries about Rockefellers, JP Morgan, Rothschild Family, Central Banks as well as all the wars they started..
rsmorbitsound19/03/2020 20:37

not all

"The chancellor said he was extending the business rates holiday to all firms in the hospitality sector and funding grants of between £10,000 and £25,000 for small businesses"
SalfordCityRed19/03/2020 19:55

Comment deleted

Define dregs. Those that are living in poverty that desperately need help as they don't know where the next meal is coming from? Those that are on zero hours contracts that have no income to pay the bills? Those that are less fortunate than you? People have a right to a basic quality of life and if this helps then all the better for them.

I really don't understand why this comment is getting likes when everyone should be helping everyone in the coming months regardless of background or current circumstances. #bekind
MichyM19/03/2020 21:59

Define dregs. Those that are living in poverty that desperately need help …Define dregs. Those that are living in poverty that desperately need help as they don't know where the next meal is coming from? Those that are on zero hours contracts that have no income to pay the bills? Those that are less fortunate than you? People have a right to a basic quality of life and if this helps then all the better for them.I really don't understand why this comment is getting likes when everyone should be helping everyone in the coming months regardless of background or current circumstances. #bekind

Less fortunate than me, how would you know? Yes, folk have the right to a basic quality of life, that's not always stretched to people on minimum wage, etc. Seeing your neighbours better off than you without working or making any effort takes it toll.
SalfordCityRed19/03/2020 22:27

Less fortunate than me, how would you know? Yes, folk have the right to a …Less fortunate than me, how would you know? Yes, folk have the right to a basic quality of life, that's not always stretched to people on minimum wage, etc. Seeing your neighbours better off than you without working or making any effort takes it toll.

It always amazes me when people make this statement. Surely if you think not working would improve your lifestyle you would give up work and live on the dole..seems the sensible move, so why not join the “dregs” if it looks so good.
Allsorts212119/03/2020 22:42

It always amazes me when people make this statement. Surely if you think …It always amazes me when people make this statement. Surely if you think not working would improve your lifestyle you would give up work and live on the dole..seems the sensible move, so why not join the “dregs” if it looks so good.

I don't want to join the dregs, why would I? It wouldn't improve my lifestyle as that's not how I want to live? However, I notice the leftie brigade just love defending them, strange logic. But seriously, why wouldn't seeing dossers received more benefits / cash than yourself not create resentment?
SalfordCityRed19/03/2020 22:48

I don't want to join the dregs, why would I? It wouldn't improve my …I don't want to join the dregs, why would I? It wouldn't improve my lifestyle as that's not how I want to live? However, I notice the leftie brigade just love defending them, strange logic. But seriously, why wouldn't seeing dossers received more benefits / cash than yourself not create resentment?

Have you ever thought why or how people have found themselves in that situation. Honestly, if you knew the half of it you would delete that comment.
Just for the record it’s nothing to do with being a leftie, more in line with a little insight and walking in their shoes.
Allsorts212119/03/2020 22:54

Have you ever thought why or how people have found themselves in that …Have you ever thought why or how people have found themselves in that situation. Honestly, if you knew the half of it you would delete that comment.Just for the record it’s nothing to do with being a leftie, more in line with a little insight and walking in their shoes.

You've walked in 'their' shoes? So they're all the same, fallen on hard times, it's not a lifestyle choice and they'd love to work for less really? I've been surrounded by dregs all my life, and I can't stand them, nor the insufferable cretins who defend them.
Give us all £1000 then we can pay abit more tax next year

Perfect solution
It would cover my mortgage payment for a month
SalfordCityRed19/03/2020 23:17

You've walked in 'their' shoes? So they're all the same, fallen on hard …You've walked in 'their' shoes? So they're all the same, fallen on hard times, it's not a lifestyle choice and they'd love to work for less really? I've been surrounded by dregs all my life, and I can't stand them, nor the insufferable cretins who defend them.

Yes sadly I have and continue to walk in their shoes. I consider myself fortunate to be employed and working with the “ dregs” although I sometimes struggle to identify them, you could however provide an image
I have an early start tomorrow so goodnight and good health to you.
Edited by: "Allsorts2121" 19th Mar
I'm fortunate enough to work in a proffesion where I will not lose out due to this. If anything I'll profit heavily due to boosted overtime rates and bonuses along with more hours being available as I'm classed as a "key worker". And if I fall ill, well then it's full sick pay.

I know I have it good during this situation and thats why I would support UBI and pay more tax in the coming years to pay for it.

We are headed for a deep recession at best and economic collapse at worst if nothing is done.
Saw it being pushed in parliament by quite a few of the politians but it doesn't seem like Boris and co are that enamoured of it.
I'll use my grand as a backhander to get on a ventilator if I need one.

If I survive the apocalypse I'll spend it on fine Cuban cigars.
Some big companies are forcing 1 month and 2 month unpaid leave despite no mention of this in their contracts.

This isn't going to end nicely.
How do you pay your bills on £1000 a month?

How how do they decide who gets it, what about people who earn less does that mean they get extra now?

what about key workers who have to keep working do they get it on top of their wages as a bonus for going to work? If they don’t they may as well sit at home and get this payment...

judging by by some of the comments on here what people would buy, goes to show what a stupid idea it is...
Allsorts212119/03/2020 22:54

Have you ever thought why or how people have found themselves in that …Have you ever thought why or how people have found themselves in that situation. Honestly, if you knew the half of it you would delete that comment.Just for the record it’s nothing to do with being a leftie, more in line with a little insight and walking in their shoes.

Unfortunately the area I live in, there is a lot of unemployment but a lot of it is lifestyle choice, there are families now into the third generation of benefits and have never worked. There are jobs around here but they don’t want them. On the same estate there are good people, going to work in factories and cleaning jobs for minimum wage who struggle to make ends meet. But the people on benefits smoke, sit around drinking, sky tv, big tv from bright house (makes me lol the interest they pay, well society pays for them), free dental, free school meals, free prescriptions and they use food banks.

im not saying all are like that some people lose jobs and are looking for new, but certain areas are full of estates like I have mentioned. You are lucky if you don’t see this...
Norseg19/03/2020 21:33

Guess who owns the Bank of England? Most would think the government or the …Guess who owns the Bank of England? Most would think the government or the Queen Nah its Rothschild Family, privately owned..i just realized ive talked about them a lot today probably because ive been addicted to documentaries about Rockefellers, JP Morgan, Rothschild Family, Central Banks as well as all the wars they started..

lol, the Bank of England isn’t owned by the Rothschild’s.
Dannyrobbo20/03/2020 06:22

You shouldn’t try and correct him, he knows best and everything. I engaged once I wish I hadn’t. Some people are beyond help, hopefully with age they might mature but doubt it...
A lot of people will be disappointed if the give out £1000. Some will begrudge people getting a pay rise while others will moan that those that don’t need it, get.

At times like this we all share the same currency, our mortality. Some hang onto it more securely than other, however cash does not provide a guaranteed grasp of it.

We should all help each other, band together and learn to get along.

To answer the question, if I get £1000 from the government. I can promise, assuming I’m still being paid, I won’t look to gain from it.
Edited by: "Oneday77" 20th Mar
Dannyrobbo20/03/2020 06:22

Who than lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants