What Infrared panel is better to heat consevatory

Posted 30th Nov
15M2 Room, 900w is suggested

I can't tell is the the first one infrared?

ebay.co.uk/itm…bsg

ebay.co.uk/itm…vfQ
Community Updates
Misc
22 Comments
Did you read the description?

clearly states 'infrared heater'
Our conservatory is 16M2 and a 900w heater wouldn't heat it properly in this weather, we use a 1.5KW heater which just about does the job.
If you have a proper insulated roof it may be ok though.
Edited by: "porsche911turbo" 30th Nov
chocci30/11/2019 12:15

Did you read the description?clearly states 'infrared heater'

But it only mentions infrared 11 times and specifies its an infrared heater 7 times in the description so are you sure?
porsche911turbo30/11/2019 12:18

Our conservatory is 16M2 and a 900w heater wouldn't heat it properly in …Our conservatory is 16M2 and a 900w heater wouldn't heat it properly in this weather, we use a 1.5KW heater which just about does the job.If you have a proper insulated roof it may be ok though.

infrared panel heater?
harlzter30/11/2019 13:00

But it only mentions infrared 11 times and specifies its an infrared …But it only mentions infrared 11 times and specifies its an infrared heater 7 times in the description so are you sure?

LOL - I got as far as the first line in the description

you have too much time on your hands
chocci30/11/2019 13:03

LOL - I got as far as the first line in the descriptionyou have too much …LOL - I got as far as the first line in the descriptionyou have too much time on your hands

Ctrl f took but a few seconds,although I had to recount a few times as I kept losing track after 3 as I then needed to use both hands to count.
Spend the money on swapping it for a lightweight solid roof.
I doubt it matters as 900W of any type of heater is going to do jacks hit in a 15sqm conservatory, unless turned on its side and used as a coffee cup warmer.
chocci30/11/2019 12:15

Did you read the description?clearly states 'infrared heater'

Sorry, I mean't the second link
porsche911turbo30/11/2019 12:18

Our conservatory is 16M2 and a 900w heater wouldn't heat it properly in …Our conservatory is 16M2 and a 900w heater wouldn't heat it properly in this weather, we use a 1.5KW heater which just about does the job.If you have a proper insulated roof it may be ok though.

it your heater infrared panel though?
harlzter30/11/2019 13:00

But it only mentions infrared 11 times and specifies its an infrared …But it only mentions infrared 11 times and specifies its an infrared heater 7 times in the description so are you sure?

Sorry, I mean't the second link
cmdr_elito30/11/2019 14:26

Spend the money on swapping it for a lightweight solid roof.

Will be come summer, until then..
AndyRoyd30/11/2019 14:29

I doubt it matters as 900W of any type of heater is going to do jacks hit …I doubt it matters as 900W of any type of heater is going to do jacks hit in a 15sqm conservatory, unless turned on its side and used as a coffee cup warmer.

will be used on low most of the day to keep cold off due to mould... will be fitting better roof and insulation come summer
harlzter30/11/2019 13:06

Ctrl f took but a few seconds,although I had to recount a few times as I …Ctrl f took but a few seconds,although I had to recount a few times as I kept losing track after 3 as I then needed to use both hands to count.

I mean't the second link
Anthony_Wright01/12/2019 11:45

will be used on low most of the day to keep cold off due to mould... will …will be used on low most of the day to keep cold off due to mould... will be fitting better roof and insulation come summer

"used on low most of the day" = why not save £40 and buy a lesser 450W model and use on medium?
Anthony_Wright01/12/2019 11:45

will be used on low most of the day to keep cold off due to mould... will …will be used on low most of the day to keep cold off due to mould... will be fitting better roof and insulation come summer

or save £130 and buy a 2kW convector with optional integral fan that will provide as much mould deterrent as you want and will actually provide instantaneous noticeable heat and maintain a decent ambient warmth "until better roof and insulation come summer".
Anthony_Wright01/12/2019 11:44

it your heater infrared panel though?

We tried a few lower wattage heaters and nothing below 1.5KW made a noticeable difference that would enable winter use.
It doesn't matter if it's an infrared or convector or oil filled radiator or fan heater 900w will not heat the Conservatory of 15M2 in cold weather unless like I said in my initial comment you have an insulated roof.
What you don't seem to realise is no electric heater gives out more heat than the energy used in electricity so a 900w infrared panel will give out exactly the same amount of heat as a 900w oil radiator etc because electric heating is 100% efficient unlike gas heaters that mostly need an outside flue therefore loosing some heat in the exhausted fumes.
Edited by: "porsche911turbo" 1st Dec
Anthony_Wright01/12/2019 11:44

Will be come summer, until then..

Don’t use the room. A 2kw heater will cost up to 36p an hour (depending on tariff) for heating the room. So if it’s heated for 8 hours of a day that’s £2.88 and if used everyday that’s £86 a month.
cmdr_elito01/12/2019 15:39

Don’t use the room. A 2kw heater will cost up to 36p an hour (depending on …Don’t use the room. A 2kw heater will cost up to 36p an hour (depending on tariff) for heating the room. So if it’s heated for 8 hours of a day that’s £2.88 and if used everyday that’s £86 a month.

In context, if (any) heater brings the room to set temperature then the mandatory thermostat will prevent the heater from permanently consuming power, so likely to be idle say 50% of time depending on losses. Still comparatively expensive though.
AndyRoyd01/12/2019 20:14

In context, if (any) heater brings the room to set temperature then the …In context, if (any) heater brings the room to set temperature then the mandatory thermostat will prevent the heater from permanently consuming power, so likely to be idle say 50% of time depending on losses. Still comparatively expensive though.

In a normal room they aren’t too bad but in a conservatory the heat just simply escapes.
AndyRoyd01/12/2019 12:27

"used on low most of the day" = why not save £40 and buy a lesser 450W …"used on low most of the day" = why not save £40 and buy a lesser 450W model and use on medium?

I will imagine there be times I want to ramp it up high, main use to have on light is to keep of mould, might want to ramp it up for 900w for 1 hour prior to evening use for example?

you think#?
porsche911turbo01/12/2019 13:16

We tried a few lower wattage heaters and nothing below 1.5KW made a …We tried a few lower wattage heaters and nothing below 1.5KW made a noticeable difference that would enable winter use.It doesn't matter if it's an infrared or convector or oil filled radiator or fan heater 900w will not heat the Conservatory of 15M2 in cold weather unless like I said in my initial comment you have an insulated roof.What you don't seem to realise is no electric heater gives out more heat than the energy used in electricity so a 900w infrared panel will give out exactly the same amount of heat as a 900w oil radiator etc because electric heating is 100% efficient unlike gas heaters that mostly need an outside flue therefore loosing some heat in the exhausted fumes.

By that logic why would people spend £500 on a 1kw panel heater instead of a small 9.99 1kw heater from aldi?

one big, one tiny
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants