Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

What intelligent battery charger for NIMH Batterys ?

Posted 17th Apr
Suggestions for decent battery charger please
I currently have tronic charger that is stuck in a endless loop of all available functions.
I am looking for a new charger -with test function in numbers (not Bars)and ability to charge completely flat batteries. I only have NI-Mh batteries.
But I believe that the Discharge function and refresh function are only useful for NI-CD batteries (which i dont use) Is this correct as im finding conflicting advice on the internet ?
I looked at the below charger but its been around for about 5 years now and I wonder if it worth it ? for just NI-MH batteries at £25.00 (this is the maximum I want to pay and i dont use many batteries anyway so dont really need to charge more than 4 at once.
Youshiko yc4000 intelligent charger
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

2 Comments
I have a Maha Powerex mh-c9000 charger. Bit old now, and possibly outside you're budget (if you can find one). I can confirm you can discharge and refresh NI-MH batteries. Great for seeing battery capacity for real on discharge. Make sure you use correct setting for discharge and charge current. I reckon the one you're looking at looks ok, but obviously I haven't got one...
Be aware that if cell voltage on charge is too high (some of the cheap chinese NI-CD batteries tend to go high internal resistance), these intelligent chargers will refuse to charge them. I fool the intelligent charger by using a bog standard charger for 30 secs and then put them in intelligent charger. Hope this helps...
philajones17/04/2020 14:46

I have a Maha Powerex mh-c9000 charger. Bit old now, and possibly outside …I have a Maha Powerex mh-c9000 charger. Bit old now, and possibly outside you're budget (if you can find one). I can confirm you can discharge and refresh NI-MH batteries. Great for seeing battery capacity for real on discharge. Make sure you use correct setting for discharge and charge current. I reckon the one you're looking at looks ok, but obviously I haven't got one... (lol)Be aware that if cell voltage on charge is too high (some of the cheap chinese NI-CD batteries tend to go high internal resistance), these intelligent chargers will refuse to charge them. I fool the intelligent charger by using a bog standard charger for 30 secs and then put them in intelligent charger. Hope this helps...

Thankyou for your help. My heads pounding so I went with the amazon amazon basics which covers more battery types.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions