Groups

What is a DSTT? Are they any good and are they legal?

I've heard from a friend who heard from a friend etc etc about one of these cards (at least I think this is what is was) where you can load lots of DS games onto one cartridge at a fraction of the cost.

Is this correct, how much do they normally cost and is it legal? Obviously DS games can be quite expensive so this would be a fab alternative but I don't want to get one if I'm then going to receive a letter somewhere down the line fining me for downloading games without permission.

Help and advice would therefore be much appreciated from people that probably know a lot more about this than I do.

10 Comments

Are they legal? A: Yes

How much? A: between £5 - £20 for the DSTT card itself and a Micro SD card would also be required for storing the data. Micro SD card range between £2 - £20 depending on size.

Downloading games that you don't own of coarse is illegal.

Will you be done for downloading them? A: Possibly but doubtfull.

Are they any good? A: Yes so long as their genuine DSTT cards.

This link was voted "Most helpful thread by a high class member" last year:

hotukdeals.com/for…272

They are legal to buy, but the games have to be either downloaded which is illeagle unless you own the game, or directly backed up from your own games, so technically they are illeagle anyways, as you would have to own the games to get the files for them if you see what I mean

Original Poster

thesaint;4476668

This link was voted "Most helpful thread by a high class member" last … This link was voted "Most helpful thread by a high class member" last year:http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200272

Thanks for that, will have a good old read. Makes a bit more sense that the card is legal but downloading isn't so what is the point of the card then? Rep added.

dealextreme.com/

illegal to use not to own. but mind you it's illegal to fart without permission nowadays

ive got a kingston 8gb micro sdhc card with adapter for sale
    brand new sealed £10 if you need one

Don't forget that there are a lot of "homebrew" apps out there that are free and perfectly legal to download and run on your DSTT (or similar) card. Music players, chat programs, games etc

Annie1508;4476697

Thanks for that, will have a good old read. Makes a bit more sense that … Thanks for that, will have a good old read. Makes a bit more sense that the card is legal but downloading isn't so what is the point of the card then? Rep added.

It is possible to rip the games you own and put them on the card, whether this is legal or not is not clear.

I also have MP3's, video's and photo's on mine.

phishwak;4477119

Don't forget that there are a lot of "homebrew" apps out there that are … Don't forget that there are a lot of "homebrew" apps out there that are free and perfectly legal to download and run on your DSTT (or similar) card. Music players, chat programs, games etc

sounds insteresting how would I go about finding these extra sorta things for my DSTT?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions