Found 19th Jun 2008
Just got my ebay invoice and there are loads of final value fees amouting to loads.

Since when did ebay take so much money from you can they do this?

12 Comments

Everytime you sell something they charge you a percentage of the total price you sold the item for

Always been like that... it's in the terms..

Still better than a car boot sale!

yep they can do this! if you sell something ebay take a percentage, if you have sold something and buyer hasn't paid then file a dispute and you will get your fees back

its standard auction fees all auctions do it you pay to put into auction and a final value fee is taken at the end
have you never been to a car auction before

its very standard ... best to look wait if your going to sell lots for the cheap listing day or if you selling large stuff do cash on collection and end auction early like error in listing that way they cant charge because you cancelled all they will charge for is listing

they always have its 7.5% of the selling price for regular stuff (the selling price as oopose to the total cost to the buyer) but some goods of high value or particular categories attract a minimum amount as well as the %) check pages.ebay.co.uk/hel…tml media n technology is 5.25% plus more depending on value easier to check ebay page than me explain

pages.ebay.co.uk/hel…tml

Taken from Ebay help pages :
Final Value FeesFinal Selling Price
Final Value Fee
Item not sold
No Fee
£0.01 - £29.99
7.5% of the amount of the high bid (at the listing close for auction-style listings) up to £29.99
£30.00 - £599.99
7.5%of the initial £29.99 (£2.25), plus 4.5%of the remaining balance of the final selling price
£600.00 or more
7.5%of the initial £29.99 (£2.25), plus 4.5% of the initial £30.00 - £599.99 (£25.65), plus 1.9%of the remaining balance of the final selling price.

The ]Final Value Fee for a Multiple Item (Dutch) Auction, is determined by taking the Final Value Fee of the lowest successful bid and multiplying it by the number of items sold. Multiple Item Fixed Price listing is calculated per item sold, based on the final selling price of the item.

welcome to the wonderful world of ebay

Original Poster

how have i never noticed this! lame lame lame, i sold a load of stuff for a friend now he owes me loads, right thats the last time i sell on ebay

Original Poster

ttsese;2343768

welcome to the wonderful world of ebay

i have been sellig on ebya for ages and never noticed

REDRANGER86;2343769

how have i never noticed this! lame lame lame, i sold a load of stuff for … how have i never noticed this! lame lame lame, i sold a load of stuff for a friend now he owes me loads, right thats the last time i sell on ebay

maybe you haven't noticed this before because ebay have just taken the amount that you owe them out of you bank?? whenever I sell something on ebay and the buyer pays, I pay my fees straight away

Original Poster

well thats a disapointment, anyway im not selling on there anymore, i used to think they only took the listing fee and that was it.

REDRANGER86;2343919

well thats a disapointment, anyway im not selling on there anymore, i … well thats a disapointment, anyway im not selling on there anymore, i used to think they only took the listing fee and that was it.

yeah ranger that is what happens .....................................................................................................................................................................................in
paradise (why do you think everyone complains about ebay here)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA2097
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247649
    3. Anyone else bored of video gaming1627
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769510

See more discussions