What is a good tablet to buy

Found 4th Feb
Hi everyone. Just wanted some advice on buying a new tablet for my mum.
She's 63 bless her! And currently using my old Samsung tab 2 (10.1) from 2013!
Its gone pretty slow now... Battery on its way out.
I'm looking for a fast tablet of roughly the same size and it's literally just for Internet browsing and YouTube.
Looking at specs the Samsung tab s3 looks great but it seems like overkill and also the battery life isn't great when reading reviews.
I'd rather stay away from Apple so no ipads but any other recommendations?
Community Updates
AskElectronics
10 Comments
Budget?
Just bought the Alexa Fire 10 inch for my mum of 86 yrs young. She can tell Alexa what she want so super easy for her.
amazon.co.uk/Fir…let
Shame about the no iPads as the newest one is probably the best tablet on the market at that price at the moment. I would avoid the Kindle Fire unless there's been some serious OS updates in the last year as the one I bought for the kids was horrendous.

Stuff Magazine rate the Asus Zenpad if you want to stick with Android
Anadin.
Like someone else said, a shame about no iPads. They are the most simple tablet to use and things just work well on them. Good sort of thing for someone not so advanced with technology.
MattNorfolk48 m ago

Like someone else said, a shame about no iPads. They are the most simple …Like someone else said, a shame about no iPads. They are the most simple tablet to use and things just work well on them. Good sort of thing for someone not so advanced with technology.

who said no Ipads or did I miss something
Edited by: "MynameisM" 4th Feb
With regards to the budget - its upto 250 - i missed that deal at john lewis for the s3 otherwise i would have got it
I was considering getting a 13 inch ultrabook but I think she likes the tablet aspect.

We've all got android in the house and shes used to it so i'd rather stick to that!

As for the kindle - i got given the 7 inch kindle fire and its horrendously slow! and thats for me!

Shes not really going to use any apps as such, just chrome and youtube
MynameisM36 m ago

who said no Ipads or did I miss something

See OP
MattNorfolk2 m ago

See OP

Ok didn't see that button to show more mystery solved lol
Mums fire tablet is not slow at all.We just bought it for her 86th ,I think these are the new versions so not slow, with the Alexa voice she finds it really easy. I don't think you will have a problem if you get it and decide you don't want it from Amazon their return policy is really good .HTH Op
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants