Groups

what is a lawn rake used for???

I just needed some advice please... At the moment i use an electric lawnmower that doesnt collect the grass that it cuts and my garden is in a terrible state...... I want it to improve. Do i need a lawn rake for that or do i need both a lawnmower that collect plus a lawn rake machine that collects the old left overs.

I'm not sure on what to do...suggestions please

12 Comments

Seeing you already got a mower,why buy another one if the one you got working order.Buy a rake,it be cheaper but more work in long run.

your rake should be fine

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5183691

Seeing you already got a mower,why buy another one if the one you got … Seeing you already got a mower,why buy another one if the one you got working order.Buy a rake,it be cheaper but more work in long run.

thanks...will do that...

Lived in a block of flats all your life?

Use a lawn rake to collect dead grass, pull moss out etc, if you have a mower with grass collection box you dont need a rake to collect your grass (you will for collecting dead leaves moss etc though.

Getting the crap and moss out of your lawn !

maxmix

Or raking up the grass....

Original Poster

thesaint;5183708

Lived in a block of flats all your life?

never paid attention to gardening really...

Just don't cut it while it's wet if you have a hover mower because it will just churn it up, and don't cut it in the blazing sun (ha ha ha ) because it will kill the grass that's left.

dunno where you live, but up norf i try to cut mine (especially last cut of autumn/first of spring) before a frosty night - that way it cuts okay but tends (in my opinion) to retard fresh growth a bit, meaning more time between cuts.

i thought a lawn rake was like a normal rake used to rake up leaves :giggle:

You could rake up the leaves and get a scarifier to improve the overall look of your lawn.

Just get a Gardener like I have lol

maxmix
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jury service1215
      2. Decent Mp3 Player?911
      3. What would be HELL to you?22
      4. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother22

See more discussions