Found 27th Jan 2010
I know i probaly sound stupid but can someone tell me what a tag is (when submitting a new deal).
Thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
19 Comments

Keywords that you can add, I assume to help in searching for threads (I assume)

I suppose if you put say electrical as a tag and then search for electrical in the search it comes back with that one included.

You can also tag other peoples threads (as I have done)

When someone is looking for ur thread/deal they put in words that u will have added as Tags for example 'Tesco' 'laptop' and it will make it easier for them to find ur thread. I think that's right anyway.....does it make sense tho??? :? lol

Original Poster

Makes more sense to me now, thanks for your help.

Usually they are used to abuse the OP though.

I have put 'want to know how to tag!' into the search and filtered by misc and this thread is top so I think I am right. (but someone cleverer than me will correct me if not)

greg_68;7669478

Usually they are used to abuse the OP though.

Ssshhhhh

Original Poster

greg_68;7669478

Usually they are used to abuse the OP though.I have put 'want to know how … Usually they are used to abuse the OP though.I have put 'want to know how to tag!' into the search and filtered by misc and this thread is top so I think I am right. (but someone cleverer than me will correct me if not)

Now I'm lost!!

te104;7669536

Now I'm lost!!

About what?

Original Poster

greg_68;7669541

About what?

What is the OP?

te104;7669553

What is the OP?

Original Poster (thread creator)

Now Iv'e abused the OP in a tag as well.

p.s try it for yourself.

Original Poster

greg_68;7669559

Original PosterNow Iv'e abused the OP in a tag as well.p.s try it for … Original PosterNow Iv'e abused the OP in a tag as well.p.s try it for yourself.

Haha, thanks.

Banned

dont think they work as in the search function, but if you click on a tag it will take you to all posts with that tag in it, well i think thats how it works

sassie;7669582

dont think they work as in the search function, but if you click on a tag … dont think they work as in the search function, but if you click on a tag it will take you to all posts with that tag in it, well i think thats how it works

They seem to for me, try typing any tag from misc into the search and filter to misc and it comes up.

I remember BG1 used to always put the same word/ phrase in the tag, I assumed it was an easy way of searching his old threads.

Banned

greg_68;7669594

They seem to for me, try typing any tag from misc into the search and … They seem to for me, try typing any tag from misc into the search and filter to misc and it comes up.

are those same words in the title of the threads that come up

sassie;7669622

are those same words in the title of the threads that come up

Take the never ending with pictures thread in misc, it has a tag 'great thread'.

If I put 'great thread' in the search and filter to misc it is the top thread.

Banned

greg_68;7669636

Take the never ending with pictures thread in misc, it has a tag 'great … Take the never ending with pictures thread in misc, it has a tag 'great thread'.If I put 'great thread' in the search and filter to misc it is the top thread.

now pic a thread from misc, pick a tag that hasnt got any of the words in the title, and search

sassie;7669707

now pic a thread from misc, pick a tag that hasnt got any of the words in … now pic a thread from misc, pick a tag that hasnt got any of the words in the title, and search

Fair point, I see what you are saying. What point do the Tags serve then?

Banned

greg_68;7669764

Fair point, I see what you are saying. What point do the Tags serve then?

if everyone used them in all posts, then you would click on tag and it would bring every thread with that tag in up, as for anything else i have no idea, i always thought tags where for searching, but it seems not here

[SIZE="3"]One of these.... :-D :-D :-D[/SIZE]

http://www.lapravda.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/graffiti-tag-street-art-istanbul-34.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226648
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769489
    3. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2557
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522871

See more discussions