Groups

What is best option for mobile sim for Dublin?

Family member is travelling to Dublin on Sunday and will stay for 3 days.
    What is the best mobile SIM for Data?

14 Comments

How much data are they planning on using. I'm with o2 and got charged £1.99 per day I used data when I recently went. They say there is no limit to the data but I'm unsure if that's true.
    Edited by: "Poppyj1" 15th Dec 2016

Original Poster

Poppyj1

How much data are they planning on using. I'm with o2 and got charged … How much data are they planning on using. I'm with o2 and got charged £1.99 per day I used data when I recently went. They say there is no limit to the data but I'm unsure if that's true.

Very Little use.. Around 500MB total for 3 days.

raj75

Very Little use.. Around 500MB total for 3 days.

Have they already got a SIM card with a network as it might be best just seeing what they charge per day.

Original Poster

Poppyj1

Have they already got a SIM card with a network as it might be best just … Have they already got a SIM card with a network as it might be best just seeing what they charge per day.

They are using Virgin SIM and it costs £5 for 250MB data. Any other network SIM, I can get better that?

Raj75
    The best network here is 3. O2 here has been taken over by 3 too. 3 gives you unlimited data for 20 euro top up.

I wish you good luck for your stay here.

naghras1

Raj75The best network here is 3. O2 here has been taken over by 3 too. 3 … Raj75The best network here is 3. O2 here has been taken over by 3 too. 3 gives you unlimited data for 20 euro top up. I wish you good luck for your stay here.

​Oops sorry just realised your family member is coming over.

raj75

They are using Virgin SIM and it costs £5 for 250MB data. Any other … They are using Virgin SIM and it costs £5 for 250MB data. Any other network SIM, I can get better that?

You'd have to check each network and see what deals they do for travel.

Original Poster

naghras1

Raj75The best network here is 3. O2 here has been taken over by 3 too. 3 … Raj75The best network here is 3. O2 here has been taken over by 3 too. 3 gives you unlimited data for 20 euro top up. I wish you good luck for your stay here.

So, if they get a O2/3 Payg SIM will it help?

Original Poster

teinem

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/cheapest-mobile-phone-charges.html

teinem

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/irish-mobile-sim-only-plans-compared.html

Thanks. Will have a look.

If on a contract check whether roaming is included and what restrictions there are or how much they charge.

I assume the phone is unlocked. In most places in the EU I just use a UK bought 3 PAYG sim and top it up with a tenner or more (depending on how long I am away) that gives you Feel At Home. The cheapest Irish 3 sim is 20 euros and doesn't offer the feel at home thing. PS you convert the credit to a bundle to make best use of it. This bundle:

"All in One 10
    1GB
    100 minutes
    3000 texts
    £10"
    Edited by: "IamMT" 16th Dec 2016

three
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Forza Motorsport 7 Demo goes live on Xbox One and PC (6pm - 19/09)56
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!543734
      3. Apples new update47
      4. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1629

See more discussions