What is best: the nokia 5800 or the iphone?

11 replies
Found 24th May 2009
Been looking at the two, going for payg, but for the nokia its about £170ish and iphone is about £400.

What should i go for? why?lol thanks

11 Comments

Iphone has no bluetooth - no video - cant send mms messages
Nokia 5800 - its about what it cant do

Ive got the 5800 its a neat little phone and 8gb memory is great plus you can expand it

I think you only will want the iphone as it looks nice not because it does anything fantastic

go for 5800

Banned

If you can wait about a month then a new iphone will be announced which may see a change in the price.

If you're looking now I'd recommend it over the 5800. Not a massive fan of it. Feels a bit cheap compared to the iphone or google phones.

FilthAndFurry;5305830

If you can wait about a month then a new iphone will be announced which … If you can wait about a month then a new iphone will be announced which may see a change in the price.If you're looking now I'd recommend it over the 5800. Not a massive fan of it. Feels a bit cheap compared to the iphone or google phones.

yeh but theres no point getting the iphone on pay as you go - outside a contract its just not worth it - thats why i said get the 5800 its better value for money even though i agree it does feel cheap

Original Poster

Thanks everyone, from what i have read on here, and from other places, i thinkn the nokia would be the best bet. Cheaper and seems to have a few more features, plus dandoc2 has a point about the payg thing,

Thanks so much

Get the Samsung i8910 HD!

Better that the 2 by miles.

I've had the iPhone by the way.

Banned

new iphone update has mms plus if you jailbreak it you can get swirlymms for it and tht works perfectly

Original Poster

momagic;5305922

Get the Samsung i8910 HD!Better that the 2 by miles.I've had the iPhone … Get the Samsung i8910 HD!Better that the 2 by miles.I've had the iPhone by the way.

Thats all fine and well, but £500 plus is silly money, imo! :w00t:

But thank you

Doesn't feel cheap to me and represents excellent value up against the extortionately priced pay and go iPhone. Had mine for about 2 weeks now and I'm really really pleased with it. Feature rich, good battery life, has a great external speaker that's great for playing music aloud or watching the iPlayer shows you've recorded aswell - downloaded 5 episodes of Ashes to Ashes to it in under 15 mins in my home network, all free of charge.

It's obviously slightly bulkier than the iPhone but hey ho - it's over £200 cheaper. The major weaknesses of the 5800 up against the iPhone is the music player, painfully slow using youtube and it's web browser, when put up against the iPhone with Safari the nokia web browser or even mini-opera pales up against it.

I have the best of both worlds, I have the 5800 running the free Joiku wifi spot program and hook my iPod Touch to it wirelessly for all my mobile internet needs - though I am on contract with 'free' mobile web add on. (youtube won't work tho)

My favourite fone since my beloved SEw800i.

go for the 5800 iphone is shocking

Also consider the G1 (or if you dont want the keyboard, a HTC magic).
I have it and its quality! Android is excellent!

Or consider the Samsung Omnia - Very nice solid quality and feel. But if you do get it, install Manila 2D as it completely blows the original interface out of the water. (It is a ported version of Touch Flo 2D)

Or if you have the cash, go for something like the :
-Omnia Hd
-HTC Touch Diamond 2
-HTC Touch HD
-HTC Touch Pro 2 (when it comes out)

Don't be a sheep and get an iphone,
There are so many better options now.
BE DIFFERENT!

HTC HD over the i-phone anyday
Post a comment
@
    Text