Groups

What is best to wear to an interview?

I am a woman (and I dont wear skirts/dresses) - and I have quite a few job interviews coming up. The jobs are mostly in Local Authorities, just wondering whats best to wear? I normally wear black trousers and a white shirt. Do you think thats ok?

18 Comments

Sounds good to me. Include a smart jacket/coat thingy.

trackie bottoms would probs do, also make sure u light a cigarette up in the interview and bring in a bottle of cider...

lol, just smart for an interview, what you have got sounds good :thumbsup:

and nice smart shoes!

cheap suit low cut white top under 1 size to small that will get you the job ;-) sorry

what u have sounds good tho

numptyj;8394994

trackie bottoms would probs do, also make sure u light a cigarette up in … trackie bottoms would probs do, also make sure u light a cigarette up in the interview and bring in a bottle of cider...lol, just smart for an interview, what you have got sounds good :thumbsup:

you forgot the bling and tats on show (I particularly like the name and dob ones, saves getting it wrong on the paperwork) oh and do make sure yr phone rings with a 'banging' tone :-D

smart, neat and clean :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Dont have a suit jacket - just a shirt and trousers

always remember to wear heels not sure why but i was told this and its always worked!

something you feel smart and comfortable in good luck hope you get offered all the jobs then you can pick the best one

Original Poster

shedboy66;8395081

something you feel smart and comfortable in good luck hope you get … something you feel smart and comfortable in good luck hope you get offered all the jobs then you can pick the best one :-)

Thank you! I

ps good luck

I think smart casual clothing would be fine for a job interview at a local authority. You don't want to overdress or else you will look like you are trying to get the head of the council's role. However, please note the plural of local authority is local authorities, a slip up like this could certainly lose you the job!

oh and make sure shoes are polished. i was told that they look at minor stuff like that and nails etc

Original Poster

shellb159;8395199

I think smart casual clothing would be fine for a job interview at a … I think smart casual clothing would be fine for a job interview at a local authority. You don't want to overdress or else you will look like you are trying to get the head of the council's role. However, please note the plural of local authority is local authorities, a slip up like this could certainly lose you the job!

Oops oh yes silly me - typo! Thanks for the advice

Wear something red as it sends the signal of somebody strong and assertive.

trego37;8396293

Wear something red as it sends the signal of somebody strong and … Wear something red as it sends the signal of somebody strong and assertive.

Or horny... Or both!

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/internet-dominatrix.jpg

Wear a black skirt, a white shirt and a red belt...and some black heels.

I would say add some colour it adds a touch of character, plus it may make you stand out. I wouldnt go with red too overused, green if your good with money, orange if your creative, blue if your are efficient, look at the role and pick a colour that suits their requirements.
    Dont come accross as too polished it seems harsh.
    How about a nice black skirt and a coloured shirt, tidy not revealing but still smart and current. Heels are a must, If you have to wear black and white how about a nice scarf.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction1954
      2. Type 11, 21 or 22 Radiators?11
      3. Car park fine UKPC1520
      4. Baby seat hiring car abroad56

See more discussions