Expired

what is com.android.service? and do I need it?

Found 13th Sep 2015
So I recently got the Xiaomi mi4 and absolutely love it. However after doing a battery usage check, I found that something called com.android.service was using a pretty significant part of my battery. Unlike the necessary system apps, the phone gives me the option to disable it. Do I need it and would it have any effect on the phone by disabling it? thanks
Community Updates
9 Comments
If you get the option, why not disable it, see if it has any impact. If it does, just enable it again???
Burkos

If you get the option, why not disable it, see if it has any impact. If … If you get the option, why not disable it, see if it has any impact. If it does, just enable it again???

Agree if you get the option to disable it . Try disabling it and see what happens.

Check GPS, Email, Volume, Call, Play store if everything seems fine, keep it disabled

May I ask which site did you buy the Mi4 from? and how much£

Cheers
I wouldn't disable it without having some sort of backup. It could cause bootloops and you may have to factory reset from recovery/bootloader.
what a question, honestly, what is Explorer.exe?!
Do not disable it.
Just checked my iNew i7000 Chinese phone (Android 4.2), Sony Mini Pro (4.4) and Moto G (5.1.1). On none of them Root App Deleter lists something called com.android.service.

Install ESET, choose deep scan (important!) and let it scan your device for undesirables.

I removed several nasties from my Chinese iNew i7000 and a friends Lenovo P780 phones. None of them were viruses/malware per se, but basically apps that gave the seller/manufacturer a back-door into the device, to install crap (that they get paid for) onto the phone whenever they wanted to. In the case of the iNew i7000 the app was named Google Play Service and even had a Google icon. ESET detected it as Uupay.A.

If you want to see what effect disabling it has, backup your data first and keep in mind that you may have to hard reset the device afterwards, if it refuses to boot again.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 13th Sep 2015
I have a similar problem with a folder called program files on my pc. Anyone know if I can delete this as its big?

No you can't delete it. It's what makes Android work. ;-)

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants