What is everybody buying their parents for Christmas?

36 replies
Found 18th Nov 2010
Just wondering what people are getting their parents / in-laws for Christmas this year?

Really stuck for ideas so thought I'd see if there is any inspiration out there. Sometimes buy them individual gifts or sometimes a joint present depending on what we can think of. Normally spend around £30 on each or £60 total or can stretch a little more if the gift is good

36 Comments

bottle of bubbly £10 (reduced for £30) at M&S for the next few days in scotland and ireland. 2 per customer - thats the rents and in-laws sorted just get a box of chocs to go with

My Mum asked for a slow cooker, so I will get that her that, but I'm also going to get her some perfume & other toiletries as well as some CD's & flowers
No idea what I'm going to get my Dad as his answer is always "I don't know" oO

My Inlaws are getting a box of biccies, and that's more than they deserve, and I must add - they've not got it yet, so we may still change our minds and scoff the lot. My ma is getting a super smashing treat, and my pa is getting what he asked for. Can't tell you, because they're probably on here reading this!

livingthelife07

My Mum asked for a slow cooker, so I will get that her that, but I'm also … My Mum asked for a slow cooker, so I will get that her that, but I'm also going to get her some perfume & other toiletries as well as some CD's & flowers :)No idea what I'm going to get my Dad as his answer is always "I don't know" oO

My dad's answer is always, 'hmm, I don't know, but nothing small or insignificant'.

DBB in a nice hotel.

My MIL a handcrafted cushion, a decorative perfume bottle from past times and a elephant candle.

FIL, some beers from local brewery.

My Mum Decorative perfume bottle from past times same as MIL. Lust perfume from Lush and some bath bombs.

Stepdad, got him some tops and a autobiography.

A poster size picture of kids in a nice frame, between them ( which i know they'll love ) bottle of glenfiddich for dad ( as usual ) still got to get something else for my mum................the inlaws are getting 'sweet FA ' !!! X)

Banned

Might buy mine flowers, tbh its a limiting what you can buy for a grave

I never realised how many people couldnt' stand their in laws. Can we have a thread about why? I'm so nosy, and I detest mine...

Inlaws - Bottle of Malt and a HDMI lead
My ma wants a new pair of walking boots.

livingthelife07

My Mum asked for a slow cooker, so I will get that her that, but I'm also … My Mum asked for a slow cooker, so I will get that her that, but I'm also going to get her some perfume & other toiletries as well as some CD's & flowers :)No idea what I'm going to get my Dad as his answer is always "I don't know" oO

They had some decent ones reduced in Tesco I think they were £30, down from £50 or £60 (slow cookers)

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

Might buy mine flowers, tbh its a limiting what you can buy for a grave

I hope you were not offended, that was not the purpose of this thread!

jellybaby22

I have detested both sets of inlaws I have had.... :pwell not so much the … I have detested both sets of inlaws I have had.... :pwell not so much the father in law..its always the mother in law I hate...think its cos I end up with mummys boys...X)

EXACTLY!!!! MY FIL is OK< but he has to live with HER so... She's EVIL.

Getting:

My mum, going in with my dad and sis on an annual cinema pass for her

My dad FCUK belt, Bayonetta, and some Voddy

OH's mum, digital photo frame (£18 from WH Smiths found on here months ago so thanks HUKD)

OH's Dad clothing, and although it pained me to buy them some Man City slippers

this year we are buying cinema vouchers so they can see a 3d film for the first time and a voucher for a restaurant so they can make a night of it

Penny Saver

I never realised how many people couldnt' stand their in laws. Can we … I never realised how many people couldnt' stand their in laws. Can we have a thread about why? I'm so nosy, and I detest mine...

Generally just the MIL's you detest as a female, and it is in my case mostly because they are interfering!

jellybaby22

X) she cant be any worse than mine...old troll witch... Im not sure she … X) she cant be any worse than mine...old troll witch... Im not sure she even celebrates xmas the old scrooge.... come to think of it Im no sure shes a woman...going on the beard she has....o thats it...gift idea for her I will get her a beard trimmer X)

I will bet my house that mine is worse. She reported me to social services for hitting my baby (he was 6 months old!! - AND I HAVE NEVER HIT THEM!!!!)

jellybaby22

I have detested both sets of inlaws I have had.... :pwell not so much the … I have detested both sets of inlaws I have had.... :pwell not so much the father in law..its always the mother in law I hate...think its cos I end up with mummys boys...X)

Think all men are 'mummys boys' My OH mum finds out about things before I do, plus she meets him for lunch everyweek. We tollerate each other, but you can tell that she resented us getting together and she sees me as a threat,... weird! Hope I won't be like that with my son!

My mum has a new fancy alarm clock/radio that she wanted and got to get her some nice pj's, her partner is getting a Beer tour voucher.

MIL - Slanket, slow cooker and couple of little bits from the kids (what i call tat)
FIL - Angling magazine subscription and some sweeties from the kids.

jellybaby22

inlaws..nothin...although I would gladly send the MIL some rat poison X) … inlaws..nothin...although I would gladly send the MIL some rat poison X) OH buys them there stuffmy mum..gift vouchers... my dad.... i still have no idea

A close family i see JB lol

Original Poster

Some good suggestions here, was thinking of some tickets to see a show or something but can't find anything that jumps out.

Luckily the IL's are not too bad and we've managed to get them a nice present.

Can someone start a different thread about MIL'S it makes good reading lol

deb8z

Can someone start a different thread about MIL'S it makes good reading lol

Just about to start my rant, but my new TV has just arrived and I want to go play! Will save my rant for later - you go ahead! x

Got my mum her fave perfume and slippers (she always wants slippers) and some gift vouchers for the bingo lol. She loves going every now and then but its really expensive these days so she can have a few outings on us with the gift vouchers. Without sounding too morbid - my dad gets a nice christmas wreath.

In-laws presents are left to OH as I have enough to do!

Ive bought some tickets to go see alexandra burke next year. I like buying tickets as there something else to look forward to after the (hopefully) nice surprise of being given the ticket. I will also get her some other stuff as a 'to use now' gift.

Digital camera & trainers for my mum, both of which i found on here.

Quality streets & voucher for my dad.

mum - satnav & molton brown
dad - ipod touch, wii fit board, smellies.

Mom has a digital camera and likes to take alot of photos of the family/grandchildren but doesnt really know how to use a computer, so most are wasted. So going to buy her a nice digital photoframe which she can just plug the camera into to transfer the photo's over.

Get my mum anything associated with elvis.
stepdad - £10
stepmonster (stepmum) - nowt if i had my way but prob £10 (makes life easier for my dad)
dad - John wayne boxset, smellies n slippers.
mother-in-law (joint pressy with hubby) - Freeview recorder.

I got my Dad a lovely Manchester City dressing gown from the City Store last year

Have you asked them what they would like OP,women are usually easier,perfume,slippers, a hamper .

Gift vouchers from a fave store and so on,not much use am i lol

Inlaws nothing, If hubby wont do it I dont see why I should.

Mum - 6 bottles of Jacobs creek wine - Thorntons big box of chocs - 100 Egyptian pounds in a new purse

Dad - 1 litre bottle of Vodka - 2 big boxes of Malteasers - 100 egyptian pounds in wallet

Between them a photo calendar of kids! lol
Edited by: "beth3735" 18th Nov 2010

I'm sensing a theme here,in-laws get nowt lol

Banned

A rape alarm

deb8z

I'm sensing a theme here,in-laws get nowt lol

yep, .....looks like a lot of in-laws are .......eermm disliked (to put it mildy) X).............mine included !

vibeone

A rape alarm

nah, .....believe you me , my mil gob is far worse than any alarm !!!!................besides no-one would be insane enough :D....

Banned

shopstilldrops

nah, .....believe you me , my mil gob is far worse than any alarm … nah, .....believe you me , my mil gob is far worse than any alarm !!!!................besides no-one would be insane enough :D....

But a rape alarm is the gift that keeps on giving!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Windows 7 reactivation57
    2. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?69
    3. Wireless earphones46
    4. I5 7600k vs i5 740045

See more discussions