What is gearbest like on warranty?

Found 21st Oct 2017
looking to buy some smartwatches, mi pace, 75£, if it stops working after within the year, want is the process of warranty? thanks
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
If you are lucky they will give you ~ 20% off buying another one.
Their warranty isnone existent
what warranty?
You have to ask that . Sadly HUKD promotes them all the time (I presume they pay their referral fees on time ) . Buy from them(as with any Chinese seller) accept import duties and no warranty and just hope it works . Pay what you can afford to write off to save a few quid , and think yourself very lucky if you have no problems .
Usual warranty process involves complaining on here loudly enough that their rep asks you to PM them to discuss a suitable bribe so that they don't get banned. At least you have that option, the average person who just happened to buy on their website probably has no such luck and just gets ignored.
Hard work!!!

You raise a ticket. They reply a day later answering a completely different question to what you asked.

This exchange goes on for days until they understand what the issue is.

Then they'll offer you about 10% of the cost price of what you paid off your next order...you decline cos you've paid $150 and don't want $15!

Finally they ask you send item back at your expense via the Post office.

And then you wait to see what they decide (which is the stage I am at currently)!!
Edited by: "Gollywood" 21st Oct 2017
I have been waiting for an item for a month and a half. They take forever to reply and keep asking me to wait or check my post office. They want me to go there without a card and ask if they got my parcel. After almost a month of messages. Still got nowhere with them. They are a shamble company. Each time they keep saying delivery can take 20-25 days even after I told them I already waited 45 days. I dont think you will have much luck with a warranty LOL.
ohmygod200638 m ago

I have been waiting for an item for a month and a half. They take forever …I have been waiting for an item for a month and a half. They take forever to reply and keep asking me to wait or check my post office. They want me to go there without a card and ask if they got my parcel. After almost a month of messages. Still got nowhere with them. They are a shamble company. Each time they keep saying delivery can take 20-25 days even after I told them I already waited 45 days. I dont think you will have much luck with a warranty LOL.

One of their T&Cs is that once posted, their responsibility ends, i.e. from their point of view if it gets lost in the post, that's your loss not theirs. So they're just fobbing you off because they honestly believe it's not their problem when it gets delivered (if at all). They don't believe in the seller being responsible until it reaches the hands of the buyers, like we expect from UK/ EU/ US etc. retailers.
I do believe this is how they think as a company. After accepting my loss, I remembered I used PayPal to make the purchase. I have since opened a case with them over this as I am not getting anywhere with gearbest customer service. Hopefully I will get my money back from PayPal and would have learned a valuable lesson here. Just a word of warning to others. If you get the item then great. But if you don't then expect a lengthy frustrating time trying to get a real reply from them. Then go via paypal to get the money back.
ohmygod200622nd Oct

I have been waiting for an item for a month and a half. They take forever …I have been waiting for an item for a month and a half. They take forever to reply and keep asking me to wait or check my post office. They want me to go there without a card and ask if they got my parcel. After almost a month of messages. Still got nowhere with them. They are a shamble company. Each time they keep saying delivery can take 20-25 days even after I told them I already waited 45 days. I dont think you will have much luck with a warranty LOL.

Hi obmygod2006,

Could you please kindly send me your order number for checking ?

Hopefully, i am able to help you

Gearbest Store Rep.Alice
You can contact me here : Alice@Gearbest.com
Gearbest111 h, 38 m ago

Hi obmygod2006,Could you please kindly send me your order number for …Hi obmygod2006,Could you please kindly send me your order number for checking ? Hopefully, i am able to help you Gearbest Store Rep.AliceYou can contact me here : Alice@Gearbest.com

So it is true that a customer would really need to make this public before you decide to help. Why couldn't you reply to my other messages. I wouldn't have had to comment on here. Not all customers have access to hotukdeals or even Facebook messenger. I have raised an escalation already. Reply to that from paypal please. Do you have access to that?
Gearbest123rd Oct

Hi obmygod2006,Could you please kindly send me your order number for …Hi obmygod2006,Could you please kindly send me your order number for checking ? Hopefully, i am able to help you Gearbest Store Rep.AliceYou can contact me here : Alice@Gearbest.com

Gearbest still havent replied to me. So its all for show. Pretending that your going to follow up on something that you don't have any intention of doing. Disappointing gearbest.
As far as I understand, it is pot luck whether you receive your purchase or not, let alone worry about warranty. Lol.
You don't ever spend more than a quid with them. They are heavily promoted here but I wouldn't buy anything worth more than a quid from them. Shocking
ohmygod20069 h, 7 m ago

Gearbest still havent replied to me. So its all for show. Pretending that …Gearbest still havent replied to me. So its all for show. Pretending that your going to follow up on something that you don't have any intention of doing. Disappointing gearbest.

Hi Ohmygod2006,

I can confirm that i do have let my relevant colleagues give top priority for all order numbers received in my email

And they will reply it within 1-2 business days. (maybe a slight delay due to the time zone difference)

May i know your order number again ? i will double check it

Best regards,

Gearbest Store Rep.Alice
You can contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com
benjammin31615 h, 19 m ago

You don't ever spend more than a quid with them. They are heavily promoted …You don't ever spend more than a quid with them. They are heavily promoted here but I wouldn't buy anything worth more than a quid from them. Shocking

My understanding is dont spend more than a tenner with them as loss of a tenner is no sweat, for the chance of getting something a lot cheaper than market price. I have never bought anything from them and would think twice before I do as I dont want to lose even a tenner.

They come up regularly on hukd because their prices are bargain prices. Bargain with risk, but still bargain prices. Their slogan should be ‘Do you feel lucky?’
Original Poster
mutley126th Oct

My understanding is dont spend more than a tenner with them as loss of a …My understanding is dont spend more than a tenner with them as loss of a tenner is no sweat, for the chance of getting something a lot cheaper than market price. I have never bought anything from them and would think twice before I do as I dont want to lose even a tenner.They come up regularly on hukd because their prices are bargain prices. Bargain with risk, but still bargain prices. Their slogan should be ‘Do you feel lucky?’

I agree, anything under 30£ I feel, as there are many products not even available in this market for the great prices, never had anything not come, just definitly going to avoid higher purchases, warranty means everything
Tony.Wright28th Oct

I agree, anything under 30£ I feel, as there are many products not even …I agree, anything under 30£ I feel, as there are many products not even available in this market for the great prices, never had anything not come, just definitly going to avoid higher purchases, warranty means everything

Since I still haven't had a reply from gearbest and from the comments on here show that not many people trust this company. Why are they Not banned already from HOTUKDEALS? We need to speak out to prevent other individuals from getting scammed by them also. Yes its cheap but you wait 2 months and nothing arrives. Is that worth it for a few extra pounds or pence? You could be using a product bought of ebay or amazon. Ebay has buyer guarantees and they usually refund instantly if it doesn't reach you. Amazon is even better. Gearbest just replies with automated replies then hopes you give up.
So an update. So finally I got paypal to refund me the amount paid. Considering I made the purchase 11/09/17 and its now December. Would you take the risk? Do you have time to keep responding to the dispute knowing that if you possibly leave it a few days the dispute gets cancelled. Paypal asked me for evidence, which obviously its a bit difficult to obtain considering there was not a product in my possession . So you guys have been warned again, obviously they are a major player on hotukdeals and I may probably get banned for this.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants