what is going on with Amazon lately?

Found 4th Dec 2017
Has anyone else noticed the customer experience taking a nosedive?

i have currently been on the chat with amazon for over 1.5 hours. the first chat agent disconnected me after waiting for a supervisor over 30 mins.

now i'm on with an idiot supervisor who can't do anything about the fact that i ordered an item, it was in stock, it stayed in stock for a week and then it showed 9 items left, and now, about 2 weeks after the initial order, it only shows 1 item available. and i still don't have an estimated delivery date. This is the 3rd chat I've had about this over the weeks, and each time they have just lied to me and promised me priority delivery etc.

He's now saying that because I didn't originally get a delivery date there wasn't stock, but i know there was.

I've never had to deal with such lying, rude and sly people... they will literally say anything to get the customer off the line.

I have been an amazon customer for years and always had a good experience, but in the last few weeks its been terrible (had another similar experience). Has anyone else noticed this? I know they're often the cheapest but personally I'm going to stop buying from them, as its gotten so bad when they make a mistake they do nothing to rectify it, and instead make it worse.
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
Why couldn't you simply cancel and reorder ?
mattsk15 m ago

Why couldn't you simply cancel and reorder ?

Too simple.
You would get a quicker answer if you call them (or get them to call you!). Livechat is too slow, prefer to call them now. A half hour livechat literally got solved in less than 10 mins for me.
Just because it says in stock doesn’t mean it is.
Jay08028644 m ago

Too simple.

Because when I ordered the item it was on a lightening deal and a lot cheaper. The items they were still selling had gone up in price by a third. So yeah they probably didn't want to honour the orders they'd taken at the cheaper price
Edited by: "gemniz" 4th Dec 2017
alankfc0213 m ago

Just because it says in stock doesn’t mean it is.

So they were still selling the same thing for 2 weeks, but somehow the one I ordered wasn't in stock?
🙄
anselmofa32 m ago

You would get a quicker answer if you call them (or get them to call …You would get a quicker answer if you call them (or get them to call you!). Livechat is too slow, prefer to call them now. A half hour livechat literally got solved in less than 10 mins for me.

I prefer to do chat, as then I get sent the transcript and have proof of what they've said (as they lie so often)
gemniz4 m ago

So they were still selling the same thing for 2 weeks, but somehow the one …So they were still selling the same thing for 2 weeks, but somehow the one I ordered wasn't in stock?🙄

Any proof they have supplied any others. Just cancel and order somewhere else.
alankfc0210 m ago

Any proof they have supplied any others. Just cancel and order somewhere …Any proof they have supplied any others. Just cancel and order somewhere else.

well since they were accepting orders for 2 weeks and the stock levels were slowly going down it seems a safe bet they had sold and most likely supplied others. Also that I'd spoke to 2 previous chat agents who promised me priority shipping and a delivery date within 2 days LOL

My point in making this post was to point out how shoddy their customer service has become and find out if anyone else has found the same. I personally will not be wasting any more time on them and I hope that other people will do the same, so they realise that if they treat their customers like crap then soon they won't have any.... I'm not an angry person but was fuming with them tonight! Not worth it for me now no matter how cheap they are :P
I usually email them, it states someone will reply within 12 hours but from experience the reply is usually within an hour
Problem always gets sorted and you also have the transcript of the conversation
Amazon has a reputation for treating its employees like crap. Now it's treating many of its affiliates like crap (possibly skimming from them). They've also started treating their 3rd party sellers like crap.

If they start treating their customers like crap by screwing up the main thing they've got going for them (good customer service), then we might see one of the biggest corporate nose-dives in history.
Edited by: "Dejaque" 5th Dec 2017
Dejaque14 m ago

Amazon has a reputation for treating its employees like crap. Now it's …Amazon has a reputation for treating its employees like crap. Now it's treating many of its affiliates like crap (possibly skimming from them). They've also started treating their 3rd party sellers like crap.If they start treating their customers like crap by screwing up the main thing they've got going for them (good customer service), then we might see one of the biggest corporate nose-dives in history.

I agree.. I’ve championed amazon for years but lately they’ve done nothing but disappoint? The horror stories about staff treatment is aweful and shows which direction they’re heading..
gemniz3 h, 22 m ago

Because when I ordered the item it was on a lightening deal and a lot …Because when I ordered the item it was on a lightening deal and a lot cheaper. The items they were still selling had gone up in price by a third. So yeah they probably didn't want to honour the orders they'd taken at the cheaper price

Sorry for being rude then
They still have live chat? I've only ever seen the call back or email option for a long time now.

But i do agree about the service, gone right down hill. Returns are a shambles with their passmyparcel code crap.
Edited by: "cowsindahouse" 5th Dec 2017
Boycott Amazon and all those other mega tax dodgers...!!!
pooool11 m ago

Boycott Amazon and all those other mega tax dodgers...!!!

Sigh.
amazon do this a lot it seems like there hoping people will cancel it lol, such bs
depends who you get, sometimes disconnecting and reconnecting for a new person works wonders
Depends on if it was amazon or an amazon marketplace seller. I personally have had no issues with customer service. When I’ve had issues they extended prime by a month or two to say sorry, I bought a shed on sale (over half price of everywhere else) and it arrived with a scratch on the door, complained and they refunded over £100 meaning I got the shed for less than £300 for a 10x12 shed, can’t fault their customer service on the live chat.
cmdr_elito32 m ago

Depends on if it was amazon or an amazon marketplace seller. I personally …Depends on if it was amazon or an amazon marketplace seller. I personally have had no issues with customer service. When I’ve had issues they extended prime by a month or two to say sorry, I bought a shed on sale (over half price of everywhere else) and it arrived with a scratch on the door, complained and they refunded over £100 meaning I got the shed for less than £300 for a 10x12 shed, can’t fault their customer service on the live chat.

Maybe they're better to their prime customers. Personally I'm not one of them. They also lied and told me they couldn't provide prime for free/offer a free month...
I'm gonna delete my amazon account January 1st, just have a bit of promo credit to spend 😋
They would only extend prime for prime customers....I’m a prime customer.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants