Expired

What is going on with BT re HD Sports?

5 replies
Found 28th Jul 2014
As current BT Sport HD customer I received email from BT clearly stating that I need to do nothing to continue with BT Sport HD but will have to pay the £3 a month extra.

Today received a letter from BT saying if I do not renew my contract (which does not expire until next Jan) I will have to pay £6.75 extra per month.

Anyone know which is correct? Tried calling them, spoke to 2 different people/departments and they seemd to think I would only be charged the £3 but neither would give me their email address to allow me to email confirming our discussion.

1. Ask
  2. Sport
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Sport
5 Comments

BT Sport costs £6.75 from BT if you dont have a Broadband Contract with them (free if you do ) . For HD you have to pay an extra £3 (wherter you have a Broadband contract or not) .In short if you want HD you'll have to pay them £3 a month ,but your BT sport will be free until your Broadband contract ends .
I have BT Broadband and told them to stuff their £3 HD but I'm out of contract on Broadband 1st August so have to renew contract in order to get the Free BT Sport . Tried to do a deal with them but I'm a bit stymied as I've paid my line rental in advance till Jan !

Original Poster

Cheers for reply....What you said was exactly the position I thought I was in, until this morning when a letter from BT arrived, addressed to me with my BTcustomer number etc...saying " From 1st August 2104, you will be charged £6.75 a month for our three sports channels".

This clearly contradicts the email I received which says I do not need to do anything to continue watching BT sports, but will be charged £3 a month extra for HD.

I assume I will be paying £3 extra....but letter clearly states otherwise, and getting a straight answer from their customer service is nigh on impossible. Was also angry not to be able to email the individuals I spoke to, to clarify discussion and have written record.

hermano2

Cheers for reply....What you said was exactly the position I thought I … Cheers for reply....What you said was exactly the position I thought I was in, until this morning when a letter from BT arrived, addressed to me with my BTcustomer number etc...saying " From 1st August 2104, you will be charged £6.75 a month for our three sports channels". This clearly contradicts the email I received which says I do not need to do anything to continue watching BT sports, but will be charged £3 a month extra for HD.I assume I will be paying £3 extra....but letter clearly states otherwise, and getting a straight answer from their customer service is nigh on impossible. Was also angry not to be able to email the individuals I spoke to, to clarify discussion and have written record.

The letter you got was exactly the same as the one I got (and I am out of contract) . I think BT Sport started on 1 Aug last year so lots will be out of contract Aug 1st . Still not sure what I'm going to do and from what you've said I wont get much joy from Customer Service . They made an appointment to ring me at 1400 last Thursday and didnt . Think I might just ditch the whole BT Sports thing and readdress it (to get a better deal) in December when my advance line rental runs out .

Edited by: "rogparki" 28th Jul 2014

i was under the impression bt sport foc, the £3pm is for watching bt sports in hd on the sky platform from august 1st.

Original Poster

I think, from what my letter says, bt sport is free if you renew your contract. However, If you do not sign up for another year with bt then you pay £6.95 per month.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Driving anxiety.44
    2. 43 inch 4k tv that is uhd 10bit510
    3. A dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G56
    4. Whey protien411

See more discussions