Groups

What is kebab meat made of???

Apparently you cant go on any website and find out what kebab meat is made of. will have a look but thought there may be some hukders who know the answer.

thanks
    lynds xx

62 Comments

lamb-----and whatever else they scrape up off the local roads

Depends on the Kebab - a donner is supposed to be lamb.

Banned

people, kebab is soylent green

this is why you fill out your donor card, one option is kebab

Pretty sure it's "mostly" lamb

Banned

Hungry now!

jubbyme;8610496

people, kebab is soylent greenthis is why you fill out your donor card, … people, kebab is soylent greenthis is why you fill out your donor card, one option is kebab

10 out of 10

Original Poster

faevilangel;8610490

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doner_kebab

made him read that but he's still not having it :lol:

Original Poster

JonnyTwoToes;8610505

Hungry now!

me too!!

lfc_engravedonheart;8610518

made him read that but he's still not having it :lol:

tell him to go buy one and smell it :whistling:

I saw a comedy recently where this woman was in a kebab shop and asked to taste some and liked it then saw a pool of blood behind counter and the paws of a cat lol.

Anyway lamb tikka kebab is lush especially on large naan bread with salad and chilli

Banned

I am going to chew on my own leg, cant be bothered to go to the kebab shop (might try warming it in front of the fire first)

back in the 1800's there were no kebabs. but surgeons then needed dead bodies, and people like Burke and Hare supplied them.

nowadays, the need for kebabs is of more importance, so thats my guess, a kebab is a fat person's leg.

Original Poster

he says because everyone is saying 'mostly' or 'supposedly' that no one REALLY knows lol

Banned

Lamb, beef or chicken......they vary in quality

I don't wanna know.

Bumholes and eyelids.

Banned

All made ]HERE actually

Original Poster

giving up and going back to my bf, night all

Thought I was eating a kebab in Bosnia until the interpreter informed us it was dog. Still wasn't too bad

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;8610585

Thought I was eating a kebab in Bosnia until the interpreter informed us … Thought I was eating a kebab in Bosnia until the interpreter informed us it was dog. Still wasn't too bad

so it was a posh kebab then

Banned

donner is lamb and depending on the quality/price paid it can be cack or really nice as places that buy the more expensive meat the kebab is high quality and is actually a complex thing normally the lighter then meat the higher the quality.

then you get some small shops that make their own meat and when done correctly is divine

Banned

Must resist urge to make smutty comment about your kebab meat LFC :whistling:

jubbyme;8610592

so it was a posh kebab then

Yes, at least I was aware of the actual meat content. Cat will be the next thing I try if I ever catch the little f*** that keeps p'ing on my garden.

I was led to believe that originally kebab meat was 'any' meat dipped in lamb fat to give it the lamb flavour.

The Indian takeaway in my home town does amazing kebabs, seriously about the only kebabs I have liked at least long term, they do a king kebab(which is this massive naan bread that looks like a giant tounge) and enough kebab meat for 2-3 people and amazing salad and chilli sauce all for £5(used to be £4.30 till a few years ago)

They also do amazing cheese naans, same size as the kebab ones but there is cheese inside that oozes out when you rip it unlike most places that give you small naans with cheese oil

The salad juices and sauce soak into the meat and bread just perfect, the kebab meat goes a little red from the sauce as it soaks it up. and they do small thin pieces of meat.

its LAMB........ anyone notice it smells abit like B.O ????........:-D

many people think that the big roll of meat they see going round on skewer in the shop is all lamb. Its actually processed meat with some lamb as the main ingredient.

Thats why its so cheap. If you buy lamb from the butcher or supermarket it aint cheap is it? so why would a big ass kebab in pita bread be so much cheaper?

so the kebab meat you get is actually scrapings pressured and put together to look like a big roll of lamb on a stick.

:-D

EDIT : jus sayin :whistling:

Banned

ryouga;8610628

The Indian takeaway in my home town does amazing kebabs, seriously about … The Indian takeaway in my home town does amazing kebabs, seriously about the only kebabs I have liked at least long term, they do a king kebab(which is this massive naan bread that looks like a giant tounge) and enough kebab meat for 2-3 people and amazing salad and chilli sauce all for £5(used to be £4.30 till a few years ago)They also do amazing cheese naans, same size as the kebab ones but there is cheese inside that oozes out when you rip it unlike most places that give you small naans with cheese oilThe salad juices and sauce soak into the meat and bread just perfect, the kebab meat goes a little red from the sauce as it soaks it up. and they do small thin pieces of meat.

i can truly say at this moment in time that i hate you, i actually felt ok and halfway through reading your post my belly started to rumble

Roadkill..... you wonder where those dead rabbits and badgers disappear to.

http://www.ruffybear.com/17_inch_lamb_chop.bmp

StevenA2000_uk;8610675

many people think that the big roll of meat they see going round on … many people think that the big roll of meat they see going round on skewer in the shop is all lamb. Its actually processed meat with some lamb as the main ingredient.Thats why its so cheap. If you buy lamb from the butcher or supermarket it aint cheap is it? so why would a big ass kebab in pita bread be so much cheaper? :pso the kebab meat you get is actually scrapings pressured and put together to look like a big roll of lamb on a stick.:-D

Many years ago my Brother in law worked in the 'Glasgow' meat market and these great lumps for kebab shop were made there.
    You are spot on with your description. :thumbsup:
    It is basically all the waste cuts that are compressed to produce it.

If you seen what went into these you would never touch them again .... I used to love a donner but would not and have not touched one in years ...:whistling:

cheeeeeese

donkey! as in donkey kebab :whistling:

Banned

If a dog knew what went into a kebab, it's likely even they would turn their noises up at it.

Just because something has a hint of meat in it, doesn't make it a good thing. And if you ever see the vats full of fat at the back of a kebab shop, you'd never step foot anywhere near a donner kebab.

rangermastiffs;8611199

If you seen what went into these you would never touch them again .... I … If you seen what went into these you would never touch them again .... I used to love a donner but would not and have not touched one in years ...:whistling:

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We sampled kebab meat a while back. Not a single sample came back as the meat being 100% lamb. In fact, there were plenty that had no lamb in it at all.

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;8610607

Yes, at least I was aware of the actual meat content. Cat will be the … Yes, at least I was aware of the actual meat content. Cat will be the next thing I try if I ever catch the little f*** that keeps p'ing on my garden.

It is a pain when you have to mow around it :x

Original Poster

master_chief;8610602

Must resist urge to make smutty comment about your kebab meat LFC … Must resist urge to make smutty comment about your kebab meat LFC :whistling:

trust you

[SIZE="2"]Was told a story about the locals in a Bosnian Village.

They wanted to make a meal to show their gratitude for the British Peace Keeping Troops. They were told that the guys missed having a kebab, the locals unable to find any lamb barbecued a stray Alsatian Dog![/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"]Apparently it tasted Ok and they Wolfed it down! :-D[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044544
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      3. Spotify Family Premium share721
      4. Best £500 student laptop choice?11

See more discussions