What is like to buy from cex these days?

Posted 19th Jan
I know previously it was a risk making a big purchase (such as the latest smartphone) through cex as they could get blocked in the future or cex would only give a few days to return for a proper refund. Is that still the case or have they improved their terms?
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
You receive a 2 year warranty so if the phone gets blocked you can always have it exchanged. But for the price of the newly released phones you may as well spend the extra £50 or whatever and get it straight from another retailer brand new.
darkfrost119/01/2020 09:01

You receive a 2 year warranty so if the phone gets blocked you can always …You receive a 2 year warranty so if the phone gets blocked you can always have it exchanged. But for the price of the newly released phones you may as well spend the extra £50 or whatever and get it straight from another retailer brand new.

Only reason I'm buying from cex is because I've saved up around £500 in vouchers
I never buy from cex only sell, i dont understand how they survive.
Everything they sell is over priced, many things they sell are more expensive than brand new elsewhere.
When i sell stuff to them its always the same story, they're struggling to scrape £100 together and tell me to come back a different day.
However you will get a 2 year warranty, but if it gets blocked in a year you might get the value at that point back in credit, im not sure but its worth checking
You have 6 months to get full refund if you don’t want a exchange and the remainder months you will get the value of the mobile being sold
Only crap thing is the fault needs to be visible when you take it down otherwise they can’t do anything
Good and improved.
I always sell to CEX, but not buying from
I buy from CeX when I have something to sell - as the voucher excess over cash is usually about 20-30% but the difference in the selling price is usually on par with new (vs grade A) so no brainier really.
deleted2100705
If the phone gets blocked after 6 months you will only get back the amount the price is at the time of the phone getting blocked, which I think is BS ...they tried it on an s8 I purchased and were being anal and ignoring my mail, so I sent them a simple email from resolver and within an hour I got an email asking me to go to my local cex and collect the remaining refund along with £100 goodwill credit, the guy at the till even told me not to shop at cex if I was that unhappy, must have been the manager of the store and a bit of a rude nob... I advise my friends never to purchase a latest phone from them
anthony21219/01/2020 09:03

Only reason I'm buying from cex is because I've saved up around £500 in …Only reason I'm buying from cex is because I've saved up around £500 in vouchers

Buy online for all the usual off-premises consumer protection including 14days from receipt to assess goods and optionally return for full refund assuming your assessment handling has not deteriorated the goods.
2days to assess an in-store purchase with option to return for credit voucher.
Online or in-store:
usual option to reject for full refund if faulty within 30days;
repair/replacement if faulty from 30days to 2yrs, only difference being the value after a 2nd fault within 6m of purchase is orig value, compared to current value if 2nd fault between m7-m24.
That seems reasonable.
uk.webuy.com/sit…ms/
I buy from CEX all the time, They are really good value!
dimelow200619/01/2020 11:24

I buy from CEX all the time, They are really good value!

Not good valve . Not good value at all remember it's second hand goods
I buy cameras / lenses online - no problem
From what they pay I assumed they bought off junkies . . .
Usually better deals on this site for phones - sometimes cheap enough to buy. . and sell to cex for a profit.
I’ve never had a bad experience.

Things I’ve bought via postage only online and they’ve been mint.

Instore I’ve had to pick through cases for game to find the best ones.

Overall they’re clear about what they offer for their trade ins regarding store credit or cash plus their sales prices. So can’t see why people have the problem. I use them 50/50 of the time when I can’t be bothered with the hassle of selling.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants