What Is needed to get warranty from amazon after account closure?

Posted 27th Dec 2019
I am a crap customer for amazon I'm sure, I often buy some crappy products that I end up returning, amazon don't like customers like me and I understand,

I want to make sure I have what is needed for if/when they decide to close my amazon account, I have stuff that has warranty, how do i go about claiming when the account is not accessible?
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Just stop being a crap customer to prevent your account from ever closing.
HellRazer27/12/2019 14:21

Just stop being a crap customer to prevent your account from ever closing.

This is not completely fair, Amazon is an open marketplace unless a retailer who test products beforehand before they sell to customers you are going to get products that are crap,

Amazon is full of Chinese crud with fake reviews, many items are great but your more likely to receive stuff which was not as advertised.
Rune_2H27/12/2019 14:04

Comment deleted

This would not hold up in law so doubtful of that
Consumer obligations 6months from purchase is merchant's reponsibility. The merchant is stated on the invoice available from your account's << Orders >> section, just obtain the invoice prior to account closure. You may be able to force longer obligations if you can prove the alleged defect was present from day one.
AndyRoyd27/12/2019 15:15

Consumer obligations 6months from purchase is merchant's reponsibility. …Consumer obligations 6months from purchase is merchant's reponsibility. The merchant is stated on the invoice available from your account's << Orders >> section, just obtain the invoice prior to account closure. You may be able to force longer obligations if you can prove the alleged defect was present from day one.

Hmm what about manufacturers 2 year warranty?

Do you think just printer out the Amazon order details is enough to send into them?
Gumbon27/12/2019 15:11

This would not hold up in law so doubtful of that

You would just contact the manufactu
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 27th Dec 2019
Gumbon27/12/2019 15:16

Hmm what about manufacturers 2 year warranty?Do you think just printer out …Hmm what about manufacturers 2 year warranty?Do you think just printer out the Amazon order details is enough to send into them?

Any item you purchase from Amazon (direct or marketplace) has option to directly download or request invoice; just obtain the invoice as proof of purchase. Also be aware that a manufacturer warranty is gesture of goodwill, not statutory unlike the stat 6m merchant obligations (assuming UK-based merchant).
You still have your consumer rights with the retailer (amazon). Not wishing to do future business with you doesn't affect their responsibility on past purchases.

Manufacturer warranty would depend on the terms. As it's going to vary I'd just tackle that bridge when you come to it.
Dannyrobbo27/12/2019 15:17

You would just contact the manufactu

Yes and what will they want as proof of purchase just Amazon order details?
Amazon usually send warning letters if you send too much back or high value items back. Have you already had warning email? If yes best sending little as possible back for at least a year and no high value item or they could close account.
duncan511227/12/2019 19:07

Amazon usually send warning letters if you send too much back or high …Amazon usually send warning letters if you send too much back or high value items back. Have you already had warning email? If yes best sending little as possible back for at least a year and no high value item or they could close account.

pfftt seems silly advise you can't exactly help it when you buy something and it breaks or arrive dead on arrival, amazon don't have any measure to actually put things in context, to them someone who returns 5 things back in a time period is the same if they have bought 6 things or 200 things
Gumbon27/12/2019 17:13

Yes and what will they want as proof of purchase just Amazon order details?

yeah exactly that
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions