What is the Acer widget by Acer Empowering Technology at the top of my screen for?

6 replies
Found 29th Oct 2008
Anyone have an ACER? what the hell is the thing at the top of my desktop for? Should i uninstall it?

6 Comments

It's for backups and changing settings etc. Irritating innit :lol:

Acer Empowering Technology is an interface to provide a common look and feel for task and applications that can be launched quickly via specially assigned keys on the keyboard.

It can be switched off by removing it in MSConfig or uninstalled altogether.

Or just delete the autorun link from Start Menu>All Programs>Startup.

Original Poster

Shengis;3322775

Or just delete the autorun link from Start Menu>All Programs>Startup.

Will it affect my computer in any way if its switched off? The less running processes the better!

Doubt it. I just got my Acer today and i'm systematically deleting all the bloatware from it. You can always restart it if you ever need it.

makershaker;3322831

Will it affect my computer in any way if its switched off? The less … Will it affect my computer in any way if its switched off? The less running processes the better!

On some Acer models, disabling Empowering technology prevents the screen to be using maximum brightness. One of the tools that can be installed with the Empowering toolbar actually allows the screen to be displayed at its maximum brightness.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition47382
    2. Win free gin for a year88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…44
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions