What is the benefit of posting a hot deal??

Hi there

It's probably a stupid question but I'm quite new to the site and have a looked for the answer without luck

Is there any benefit to the OP to post a hot deal other than the knowledge they've helped others get a bargain?

It doesn't appear it to me there is another benefit. Yet there seems to be a lot of competition amongst posters to have the hottest deal

It's usually money and incentives that get people to forget their heads but from first glance, there's nothing like that involved

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

30 Comments

Original Poster

I would note it's only the minority that squabble but I'm still curious as to why?
On the whole, hkud community are a lovely bunch

Sometimes people aren't selfish and just like sharing. There isn't any competition to have the hottest deal as far as I know.

Imagine posting what you think is a hot deal, then everyone gets on your case giving you stick for your good deed. Lol

And God forbid you make a spelling mistake.

Personally I like to help others, makes me feel good.. So in a way it's for my own gain ultimately

It's changed quite a lot over the years. Hexus, and the then fledgling HDUK were quite interesting. A lot of "deals" back then were usually pricing errors.

These days they've really tightened up the ship, and the "confirmation of sale" is usually deferred till the very last second so if there's any mistakes they can quickly back track.

It would be quite cool to see a top 10 deals since HDUK popped up.

farmeruk1

Imagine posting what you think is a hot deal, then everyone gets on your … Imagine posting what you think is a hot deal, then everyone gets on your case giving you stick for your good deed. Lol

Yeah, I do feel sorry for those that post things saying stuff like 'just picked this up, great price!' and someone poo-poos the deal saying it isn't that great or is available elsewhere cheaper.

One thing I don't get it people who post onlne glitches. You basically ruin all chance of you getting them.

I look it as , we are all here to help each other get a 'hot deal' ... I don't care how hot a deal gets , it's about it being the right deal for my pocket !!

The rewards system for posting deals is a little like Fight club

Rule #1 (_;)

Original Poster

Perhaps it is all in my head.
Sarah25 I'm just the same.
The only benefit I get is the warm fuzzy feeling of having helped someone save some money or find a bargain

Right I think we shall conclude with god bless all of hkud, including the trolls, bullies, helpers and hinderers
Edited by: "dougrobbins78" 15th Dec 2016

'You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time'

Original Poster

Uridium

The rewards system for posting deals is a little like Fight clubRule #1 … The rewards system for posting deals is a little like Fight clubRule #1 (_;)

Surely Rule #1 & #2, no?

Original Poster

dougrobbins78

Surely Rule #1 & #2, no?

Or closer to the truth

Rule 1: Do not talk about HUKD benefits
Rule 2: Be an online ****

Original Poster

Oh dear I didn't that was considered a swear lol it was t w a t (now that the kids are in bed oO)

I get a £100 cheque in the post when I hit the like button....

... Just kidding!

I'm new too, and I'm glad I've found this, can finally share my finds with like minded people as opposed to people who look at me like a freak because I'm trying to save a few bobs

I'm glad you asked this question, I have wondered why some people give such criticism over a post that they don't think is a good deal.
I've found a quite a few good deals on this site and if I see a deal thats not relevant I just scroll down.

And if its too good a deal, dont post till yours has been dispatched

What? So nobody else is getting the voucher codes that HUKD send me when I post?

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/rage/steamboat-troll-rage-smiley-emoticon.gif
Edited by: "beefkr10z" 15th Dec 2016

Everyone in this community is helpful, they share good deals instead of mischievous social media comments, as far as I'm concerned every post is a hot post because someone has posted it from the goodness of their heart not for any other gains. The world needs more people like this

beefkr10z

What? So nobody else is getting the voucher codes that HUKD send me when … What? So nobody else is getting the voucher codes that HUKD send me when I post?

You get vouchers???

I get cash straight into my account!

farmeruk1

And if its too good a deal, dont post till yours has been dispatched

yeah i was caught out once by a pricing mistake like this...posted on here and my order was cancelled and others got theirs!!
I rarely post now on a blatant pricing mistake until after I've got mine

dougrobbins78

Oh dear I didn't that was considered a swear lol it was t w a t (now … Oh dear I didn't that was considered a swear lol it was t w a t (now that the kids are in bed oO)

Why are the kids in bed at 1pm?

Original Poster

Bigfootpete

Why are the kids in bed at 1pm?

Huh?
Breakfast 6am
Tv 6:15am
12pm -1pm quality time with iPad
1pm bed

It's my first one. Am I doing it wrong?

Original Poster

Tikes

I'm glad you asked this question, I have wondered why some people give … I'm glad you asked this question, I have wondered why some people give such criticism over a post that they don't think is a good deal. I've found a quite a few good deals on this site and if I see a deal thats not relevant I just scroll down.

Yeah me too. I've never even voted Cold. It's all relative and surely it's hot for someone

Original Poster

wussup_ash

Everyone in this community is helpful, they share good deals instead of … Everyone in this community is helpful, they share good deals instead of mischievous social media comments, as far as I'm concerned every post is a hot post because someone has posted it from the goodness of their heart not for any other gains. The world needs more people like this

TeamMCS

It's changed quite a lot over the years. Hexus, and the then fledgling … It's changed quite a lot over the years. Hexus, and the then fledgling HDUK were quite interesting. A lot of "deals" back then were usually pricing errors. These days they've really tightened up the ship, and the "confirmation of sale" is usually deferred till the very last second so if there's any mistakes they can quickly back track.It would be quite cool to see a top 10 deals since HDUK popped up.

*HUKD

badgerrules

*HUKD

HKDU?

TeamMCS

HKDU?

Nearly

badgerrules

Nearly

X)
Post a comment
@