What is the best car racing game for the PS3?

Hi all.

Recently got a PS3 and am looking for a good car racing game me and OH can have a quick go on now and again.

We have been playing Grand Turismo 5 prologue which we borrowed from a friend and, though we enjoyed it, we were disappointed when we got to 'class B' only to find the same tracks as class A!

Looking for a game to buy now, so please can people recommend which one I should go for?

Thanks

27 Comments

Banned

GRID, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Ferrari Challenge, Collin McRae, Ridge Racer 7, Midnight CLub, Formula One

GRID or Midnight Club LA.

Banned

Abvance;3885815

GRID or Midnight Club LA.

+1

Banned

burnout paradise as only £14.99

not sure if 2 people can play at once though.

csiman;3885963

burnout paradise as only £14.99not sure if 2 people can play at once … burnout paradise as only £14.99not sure if 2 people can play at once though.

its 1 player

Grid is good and cheap, but only single-player.

MotorStorm is multiplayer and very good.

i loved burnout paradise. and in january they are releasing a party pack which includes a split screen mode. Just wish i could get hold of it for 15 quid. everytime i look it's sold out

BigKnockers;3886057

i loved burnout paradise. and in january they are releasing a party pack … i loved burnout paradise. and in january they are releasing a party pack which includes a split screen mode. Just wish i could get hold of it for 15 quid. everytime i look it's sold out

Is the DLC still free?

Original Poster

I was just shopping around for Grid, glad you have told me it's only 1 player - I assumed that all car racers would be 2 player! :thumbsup:

ALEXSHEFF92;3885981

its 1 player

OP never asked for multiplayer exclusively.

The best racing games only cater for one player at a time usually on ps3. There's nothing like mario kart per se.

Burnout paradise, GRID, motorstorm, motorstorm pacific drift are all good.

I like Pure, great fun:)

Banned

robtallica;3886153

OP never asked for multiplayer exclusively.The best racing games only … OP never asked for multiplayer exclusively.The best racing games only cater for one player at a time usually on ps3. There's nothing like mario kart per se.Burnout paradise, GRID, motorstorm, motorstorm pacific drift are all good.I like Pure, great fun:)

Yeah I like Pure...noticed that it really changes in difficulty though...aced the 1st set then struggled a bit with the 2nd lot though...customising has helped though

Play £10 deal?

ODB_69;3886232

Yeah I like Pure...noticed that it really changes in difficulty … Yeah I like Pure...noticed that it really changes in difficulty though...aced the 1st set then struggled a bit with the 2nd lot though...customising has helped thoughPlay £10 deal?

Yeah man same here, got mine for 360 for xbox live.

Best darn £10 ive spent on a game in ages - I was amazed at how good it was up against my preconceptions. As good as motorstorm IMO - even if it's limited to ATVs alone.

Banned

robtallica;3886281

Yeah man same here, got mine for 360 for xbox live.Best darn £10 ive … Yeah man same here, got mine for 360 for xbox live.Best darn £10 ive spent on a game in ages - I was amazed at how good it was up against my preconceptions. As good as motorstorm IMO - even if it's limited to ATVs alone.

I played the demo and thought it wasnt bad, buit wouldnt buy it for high price...snapped 2 up for £10 though...BARGAIN...probs best bargain I have had for the 360 after playing it...need to play more though and level up...couldnt compete with the speed of others online....nailed me on straights, came 6th was surprised tbh I was that high!

never been a racing game fan tbh, but Pure is half racing half Tony Hawks kinda thing

Banned

robtallica;3886153

OP never asked for multiplayer exclusively.The best racing games only … OP never asked for multiplayer exclusively.The best racing games only cater for one player at a time usually on ps3. There's nothing like mario kart per se.Burnout paradise, GRID, motorstorm, motorstorm pacific drift are all good.I like Pure, great fun:)

but aren't Pure, motorstorm, motorstorm pacific drift split screen 2 player as well?

have you played wipeout HD?

its lovely. and soooo fast

csiman;3886310

but aren't Pure, motorstorm, motorstorm pacific drift split screen 2 … but aren't Pure, motorstorm, motorstorm pacific drift split screen 2 player as well?

pure and motorstorm aren't split-screen.

Motorstorm pacific drift is.

ODB_69;3886296

I played the demo and thought it wasnt bad, buit wouldnt buy it for high … I played the demo and thought it wasnt bad, buit wouldnt buy it for high price...snapped 2 up for £10 though...BARGAIN...probs best bargain I have had for the 360 after playing it...need to play more though and level up...couldnt compete with the speed of others online....nailed me on straights, came 6th was surprised tbh I was that high!never been a racing game fan tbh, but Pure is half racing half Tony Hawks kinda thing

Yeah it's a lil rough around the edges, I noticed more than the occassional collision detection error. Maybe too arcadey for some but I think it's a blast:-D

Banned

robtallica;3886423

Yeah it's a lil rough around the edges, I noticed more than the … Yeah it's a lil rough around the edges, I noticed more than the occassional collision detection error. Maybe too arcadey for some but I think it's a blast:-D

yeah noticed a few errors but its everything that a game should be...FUN!

Certainly is a good laugh to play...only play it a bit...I miss having people to shoot, but its defo a good game...still forget its made by Disney! you cant see it once your racing

Disney? What are they doing making racing games, is there an animation film coming out that I don't know about?

Banned

Abvance;3886499

Disney? What are they doing making racing games, is there an animation … Disney? What are they doing making racing games, is there an animation film coming out that I don't know about?

LOL...dont think so...no idea tbh but its made by Disney, maybe they are branching out...surprisingly good though

try the demo on XBL

Saw the demo on PSN and it was BIG!

Original Poster

robtallica;3886153

Thanks robbotallica, I did state in the first line, though, that I want something to play with OH so I am glad that someone told me about Grid being 1 player - I really didnt know that there were 1 player car racing games around!

Mario Kart rules, we still play it nearly every day after 3 months of owning it! (and I am still quite rubbish! :giggle:)

I might go for Motorstorm, but dont know whether to go for the normal one or Pacific Drift :?

Edit: Oh, is Motorstorm not 2 player, then?

As someone else has suggested, maybe you should try Wipeout HD, it's a bit similar to Mario Kart with power-ups and speed boosts, also it's download only so no need to ge out and buy it, not sure if it has 2 player split screen though.

Abvance;3887926

As someone else has suggested, maybe you should try Wipeout HD, it's a … As someone else has suggested, maybe you should try Wipeout HD, it's a bit similar to Mario Kart with power-ups and speed boosts, also it's download only so no need to ge out and buy it, not sure if it has 2 player split screen though.

it does have 2 player split mode, as well as online multiplayer

Mrs.Z;3887371

Thanks robbotallica, I did state in the first line, though, that I want … Thanks robbotallica, I did state in the first line, though, that I want something to play with OH so I am glad that someone told me about Grid being 1 player - I really didnt know that there were 1 player car racing games around!Mario Kart rules, we still play it nearly every day after 3 months of owning it! (and I am still quite rubbish! :giggle:)I might go for Motorstorm, but dont know whether to go for the normal one or Pacific Drift :?Edit: Oh, is Motorstorm not 2 player, then?

Motorstorm is one player only

Motorstorm: pacific drift has 1-4 players via split-screen play.

Original Poster

Abvance;3887926

As someone else has suggested, maybe you should try Wipeout HD, it's a … As someone else has suggested, maybe you should try Wipeout HD, it's a bit similar to Mario Kart with power-ups and speed boosts, also it's download only so no need to ge out and buy it, not sure if it has 2 player split screen though.

Sorry to be a TOTAL noob, but how do I download a game? Go online with the PS3?

I will have a look later on

Mrs.Z;3889657

Thanks :thumbsup:Sorry to be a TOTAL noob, but how do I download a game? … Thanks :thumbsup:Sorry to be a TOTAL noob, but how do I download a game? Go online with the PS3? I will have a look later on

Yeah, go to the Playstation Store, you pay by card.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's the name of that brand that looks like Playstation symbols?34
    2. Anyone got a spare Argos 10% code from the Xbox Minecraft mistake?22
    3. Decent Mp3 Player?88
    4. Best 40 inch TV for £30011

See more discussions