Groups

What is the best cashback Credit Card? Are Air Miles cards better?

Deciding which cashback credit card to get and the best fee free card is TSB with 1% cashback. They have 1 options Platinum 20 month purchase card and Advance Mastercard with 7.9% interest.

However does anyone know of any other better cashback cards available? Are air miles cards worth it?

Appreciate any help in advance.

Thanks

9 Comments

check MSE is my advice as he has the best and most comprehensive advice on this

Original Poster

davewave

check MSE is my advice as he has the best and most comprehensive advice … check MSE is my advice as he has the best and most comprehensive advice on this

kiish

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/cashback-credit-cards

Thanks so looks like the TSB cards are the best. Now to decide between the 2 below. Both are fee free with 1% cashback. 20 month purchase free vs low apr the only difference I can see?

tsb.co.uk/cre…rd/
    or
    tsb.co.uk/cre…rd/

davewave

check MSE is my advice as he has the best and most comprehensive advice … check MSE is my advice as he has the best and most comprehensive advice on this

kiish

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/cashback-credit-cards

​probably depends on whether you are able to pay the balance off at the end of the interest free period

Original Poster

davewave

​probably depends on whether you are able to pay the balance off at the e … ​probably depends on whether you are able to pay the balance off at the end of the interest free period

I'm aiming to pay in full each month if that makes a difference in which to go for?

bumbaclart

I'm aiming to pay in full each month if that makes a difference in which … I'm aiming to pay in full each month if that makes a difference in which to go for?

​if you stick to that regime then they are equally suitable.

I would go for the 20 month purchase card and pay off the miminum balance via direct debit and at the end of the period pay off the full balance. The extra money i save i would invest it or pay towards my mortgage if there no penalties.

Original Poster

sydney871

I would go for the 20 month purchase card and pay off the miminum balance … I would go for the 20 month purchase card and pay off the miminum balance via direct debit and at the end of the period pay off the full balance. The extra money i save i would invest it or pay towards my mortgage if there no penalties.

But will that not affect your credit rating, if you are building up your credit month on month and only paying minimum?

bumbaclart

But will that not affect your credit rating, if you are building up your … But will that not affect your credit rating, if you are building up your credit month on month and only paying minimum?

Nope. As long as you are paying off the minimum amount you should be fine. Back in the old days when balance transfer incurred no cost you would move from one deal to another taking your balance with you. That was known as rate tart. As long as you got a system in place you could have done this for a few years.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***620
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1014
      3. What would be HELL to you?1819
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767291

See more discussions