Groups

What is the best DSL Router?

Currently with EE and want a better router then the one they provide to just give better connection around the house, it's a DSL cable,

Really not intrested in all the USB media faff lot of them come with

Thanks

12 Comments

It would be helpful if you provided a budget.

If money not a major concern then the
    Netgear Nighthawk X4S D7800

Original Poster

boss911999

If money not a major concern then theNetgear Nighthawk X4S D7800

I don't have a budget but only want to buy a expensive one if it will provide faster speed (better connection around house)

I would have thought having a WiFi extender would suit you better to get connection around the house. if it is simply a internet connection you have/want then any and all routers do pretty much the same. if need to do more fancy stuff then you would need a higher end model.

boss911999

If money not a major concern then theNetgear Nighthawk X4S D7800

The better router/modems seem to be 2 box devices will this 1 box modem/router be as fast and stable?

i would go with netgear every time

What's the actual issue you are having with the ee router? Is it the broadband side or the WiFi side? A combined modem router should be no worse than separate devices given the same price levels.

Original Poster

Cfcb

What's the actual issue you are having with the ee router? Is it the … What's the actual issue you are having with the ee router? Is it the broadband side or the WiFi side? A combined modem router should be no worse than separate devices given the same price levels.

Nothing is wrong with the ee box really i get good wifi most of the time sometimes its dog awful but i dont think this is due to the router just due to rubbish ee internet service (lets be honest there all awful 20% of the time) some worse then others haha, but just thought maybe if i bought one it might achieve faster speeds everywhere?

whelan189

Nothing is wrong with the ee box really i get good wifi most of the time … Nothing is wrong with the ee box really i get good wifi most of the time sometimes its dog awful but i dont think this is due to the router just due to rubbish ee internet service (lets be honest there all awful 20% of the time) some worse then others haha, but just thought maybe if i bought one it might achieve faster speeds everywhere?

​If it's an issue with the line I do not think changing the router will help much. Best to ring ee and complain if it's an on going issue.

The first thing I'd do is replace your Mastersocket face plate with a Filtered plate.
    Some info worth looking at here. They cost about £10 so cheap enough to give a good starting point.

Original Poster

Cfcb

​If it's an issue with the line I do not think changing the router will h … ​If it's an issue with the line I do not think changing the router will help much. Best to ring ee and complain if it's an on going issue.

Meh I find it pointless over last few years i've been through a few providers and all the same, you complain then conveniently its better until a while and it goes down hill again, seems like they give more speed to the house if you complain ... switching and complaining does not help, but tbh its pretty good 80% of the time

Do you only use wifi or an ethernet cable as well? I'd try using an ethernet cable for a few days and then you can see if the slow problem is due to the wifi or the EE internet.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Fanta Snapcode for Filters and Lenses11
      2. What would be HELL to you?1920
      3. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***620
      4. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1014

See more discussions