Groups

what is the best ever scary movie?

can any one name the best scary movie?i do know every one got their own choice.but it shouldn't be old then 10 yrs.

65 Comments

Banned

your 10yrs old? cool.

Original Poster

DangerGod

your 10yrs old? cool.

lol....i mean the movie shouldn't be old then 10yrs

youtube.com/wat…YpE
    this - thanks to BossyBoots for the link
    Edited by: "DAMNOME" 6th Nov 2010

scooby doo and the baked potato with cheese

why last 10 years? Thats silly.

Night of the Living Dead or The Shining for me

DAMNOME

The exorcist

This. It should never have been made. If you're just after gore The Saw films got so bad I couldn't watch the last few. We were ten minutes into one when we both realised we were hiding behind our arms for the gory bits (which was most of the first ten minutes). Gross. Thirteen Ghosts was scarier than I had expected too.

Banned

White Noise. Also very scary.

Penny Saver

White Noise. Also very scary.

seriously? I thought it was laughable! the first friday the 13th is the only horror film that ever made me jump-most of them now are just so predictable.

Original Poster

cheers guys

Texas chainsaw massacre, watched it at the cinema and refused to watch it ever again!!!

barky

seriously? I thought it was laughable! the first friday the 13th is the … seriously? I thought it was laughable! the first friday the 13th is the only horror film that ever made me jump-most of them now are just so predictable.

Seriously! My husband won't watch it again! We bought the sequel last year, still not got round to watching it. White Light I think it's called. Might rope him into puttin gi ton now...

Original Poster

if possible is there any moive like wrong turn(a bit of adventure as well),wrong turn 2 wasn't good but 3 was a bit better..........again 1 is the best,also there was another movie in which few girls go down into tunnel/underground and some kinda creature start eating them(i forgot the name)

Original Poster

penny saver the best trick to watch a horror moive is to turn off the sound and it'll be like watching cartoons........

addjon

if possible is there any moive like wrong turn(a bit of adventure as … if possible is there any moive like wrong turn(a bit of adventure as well),wrong turn 2 wasn't good but 3 was a bit better..........again 1 is the best,also there was another movie in which few girls go down into tunnel/underground and some kinda creature start eating them(i forgot the name)

the descent?

i also think the Saw films are sick!

Original Poster

DangerGod

the ring

the ring is more like a psycho moive then horror

dcx_badass

The Perfect Getaway isn't really a horror, but it's a good semi scary … The Perfect Getaway isn't really a horror, but it's a good semi scary movie with killings and a good plot and action scenes.Alsoolder than NOTold then

loved perfect getaway-you just dont see the twists coming-great plot,great scropt-very good.

never a lover of the saw films/hostel etc-they are just nasty for the sake of it

Original Poster

you got it barky it is the desent

kelz29

i also think the Saw films are sick!

there are far worse!

Original Poster

or like ReEvil kinda

Wolf Creek is a good scary film, not the best scary film ever, but still very good.

imdb.com/tit…15/

Starr

Wolf Creek is a good scary film, not the best scary film ever, but still … Wolf Creek is a good scary film, not the best scary film ever, but still very good.http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416315/

yep-liked that

Original Poster

saw films are just the tricks n twist but real horror is like which make you jump outa your bed or when you can't sleep for hours

addjon

saw films are just the tricks n twist but real horror is like which make … saw films are just the tricks n twist but real horror is like which make you jump outa your bed or when you can't sleep for hours

never seen a film that I lost any sleep over tbh-its only a film ffs

Original Poster

cheers starr i will check that on you tube now,seems nice and may be i had already watched it

Watching Paranormal Activity (one), .REC (Quarantine) and The Deascent as a group makes for a good scare watched The Ring (both US and Japanese versions, although Japanese was scarier) by myself and still to this day say it's the scariest film I've ever seen.
    The Exorcist was pretty creepy and so was the Texas Chainsaw Massacre although you could say it's a bit outdated now. If you're after pure gore rather than horror than I'd definitely recommend Saw or Hostel

Starr

Wolf Creek is a good scary film, not the best scary film ever, but still … Wolf Creek is a good scary film, not the best scary film ever, but still very good.[url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416315/]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416315/[/url]

Joyride is another one, again not the best scary film but worth a watch.
    imdb.com/tit…14/

Original Poster

even i had watched the desent 2

barky

I dunno, watching The Ring at 16 when you have your own TV inches away from your bed is pretty damn creepy

Penny Saver

Seriously! My husband won't watch it again! We bought the sequel last … Seriously! My husband won't watch it again! We bought the sequel last year, still not got round to watching it. White Light I think it's called. Might rope him into puttin gi ton now...

Although it's labelled as a sequel, White Noise: The Light isn't actually related to the first film as it was renamed from something else to the White Noise name for some reason from what I recall. It's not at all a scary film anyway.

John

Original Poster

SecondNature08

Watching Paranormal Activity (one), .REC (Quarantine) and The Deascent as … Watching Paranormal Activity (one), .REC (Quarantine) and The Deascent as a group makes for a good scare watched The Ring (both US and Japanese versions, although Japanese was scarier) by myself and still to this day say it's the scariest film I've ever seen.The Exorcist was pretty creepy and so was the Texas Chainsaw Massacre although you could say it's a bit outdated now. If you're after pure gore rather than horror than I'd definitely recommend Saw or Hostel

i'll check the very 1st movie,cuz i heard it is really scary.........it that made outa real story?thanks for that

barky

They really get into my head, i've always had very vivid nightmares.

addjon

i'll check the very 1st movie,cuz i heard it is really scary.........it … i'll check the very 1st movie,cuz i heard it is really scary.........it that made outa real story?thanks for that

It claims to be a true story and I've just remembered if you're after a real scarring (not scare-ing, scar-ring) watch The Last House on the Left, it has a truely blood chilling scene in it which I shall not ruin for you
    Edited by: "SecondNature08" 6th Nov 2010

Watching zombie 2 (Zombie flesh eaters) when I was 9 gave me the willies X) watching it with my sister before it got banned 30 years ago.

Original Poster

cheers 2ndnature08 and what abt a tale of 2 sister usa version?does any one know anything abt it?

Original Poster

Starr

The Hills Have … The Hills Have Eyes[url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0206314/]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0206314/[/url]

if i remember correctly i had seen this movie .........any way thnks i will check it now

Ghostbusters 2?

SecondNature08

watch The Last House on the Left, it has a truely blood chilling scene … watch The Last House on the Left, it has a truely blood chilling scene in it which I shall not ruin for you

I was gonna watch that last week but turned it off after 5 mins as decided to watch the The Hills Run Red imdb.com/tit…14/

Dont know why i changed my mind

Actually i remember now.... Sophie Monk
    Edited by: "Starr" 6th Nov 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4522112
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?35195
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1334
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846346

See more discussions