Groups

What is the best gift that you have ever received

Banned
    Yes, as above

In retrospect, I think it would be my dog - Rex - (gifted to me when 13) who lived with us for 9 years, until he died in 2005 ....

p.s. Hopefully this will help in me trying to purchase a gift for my neice who turns 5

41 Comments

My two children, however dont think this will help get you a gift for your 5 year old neice...

My Son And Daughters:)

DarloNige;2784923

My two children, however dont think this will help get you a gift for … My two children, however dont think this will help get you a gift for your 5 year old neice...

raptorcigs;2784932

My Son And Daughters:)

How are these gifts?

Signed Liverpool shirt, framed.

LFC Muppet;2784959

How are these gifts?Signed Liverpool shirt, framed.

its a gift of life....most precious thing you could ever be given

my Xbox 360

LFC Muppet;2784959

MY WIFE GAVE BIRTH TO THEM FOR ME,IN MY BOOK THATS A GIFT!

Original Poster Banned

jellybaby22;2784922

hmmm....you mean as a grown up or a kid....???as a kid it was my … hmmm....you mean as a grown up or a kid....???as a kid it was my kitten......who lived for 14 years....

The kitten eh :x

Not the itch cream - courtesy ODB - or the pair of jumpers I helped you put on :x

Well, before my son is born (few weeks to go) - An all expenses paid trip to Alton Towers, and a stay in the fabulous Alton Towers hotel!

I must say, if you love the park, staying at the hotel will double, if not triple you experience. Been there at least once every year and I recommend the SCAREFEST happening this Oct.

Original Poster Banned

queenlush;2784972

raptorcigs;2784978

I will agree !

I am not sure I will like my neice to be gifted these for the next few years

LFC Muppet;2784959

Gift, surely not. What had you done sooooo wrong to be punished :w00t:

Dell_in_the_bed;2784989

I will agree ! I am not sure I will like my neice to be gifted these for … I will agree ! I am not sure I will like my neice to be gifted these for the next few years

oh heck noooo lol lock her up till she is 30 ........what does she like? Girly things? animals?

queenlush;2784972

raptorcigs;2784978

I don't agree, if your wife had gave birth to them and give you them and then left. Then that maybe classed as a gift.

Transformers
    Laptop
    A Car
    USB Flash Pen
    Webcam

I think im pretty predictable arnt I :-S

My two cats. My husband and I got them as a wedding gift for each other 3 years ago when they were tiny kittens.
    I'm not sure animals are a good idea though if you are giving them as a gift to live in someone elses house, its a big responsibility.
    How about a limited edition Barbie doll? lol I just happen to have a collection of them.

LFC Muppet;2785017

I don't agree, if your wife had gave birth to them and give you them and … I don't agree, if your wife had gave birth to them and give you them and then left. Then that maybe classed as a gift.

:roll: Ah yes.....do they need to have a gift tag and bow too?

queenlush;2785042

:roll: Ah yes.....do they need to have a gift tag and bow too?

maybe not a bow, but a gift tag to say who they are from :-D

Agree with LFC, kids aren't a gift unless - in my ever so humble opinion - you believe in God and all that. Otherwise a child is something created together by two (hopefully) willing partners. You don't own kids either, so surely thats another reason against it?

As for me - best gift ever, probably my ZX81 when I was 10. Got me coding computers, still doing it now. Also got me into playing games, which I'm also still doing now

i got loads

ps1,ps2,dreamcast,psp,ds,iphone,xbox360,LOADS OF PHONES, designer clothes lol but mine are mostly gadgets

Original Poster Banned

bluestreak56;2785031

TransformersLaptopA CarUSB Flash PenWebcamI think im pretty predictable … TransformersLaptopA CarUSB Flash PenWebcamI think im pretty predictable arnt I :-S

Laptop ..... car ..... Predictable nooo

Original Poster Banned

twinks;2785109

Monetry wise, 1 carat each diamond earrings and a bmw convertible:-DBut … Monetry wise, 1 carat each diamond earrings and a bmw convertible:-DBut some of the things my kids have given me over the years have been the absolute best, especially things they've made

:thumbsup:
    I know my neice once gifted me a painting/drawing she had done and it still lies in my bedroom ....

i think the best gifts are unexpected.....my daughter treated me to some clothes to say thank you for all the little things i do for her......it was just out of the blue and made me cry.

Banned

jellybaby22;2785001

the itch cream was not a gift...it was a necessity.....:oops:

did it get rid of it?

raptorcigs;2784978

I disagree, you, or at least you THINK you did helped create them in the first place

Although, i suppose, you only supplied one part, like my neighbour has a pile of pre cut wood, i give him some nails, and he comes back with a birdbox :thinking:

Banned

jellybaby22;2785162

yes...thanks.....:w00t:keep your itch to yourself next time though ok??

dont blame me....

I said I had an itch

you wanted to scratch it

u offered!

Banned

Dell...she's 5...wouldnt she just prefere toys etc at this age?

Original Poster Banned

ODB_69;2785217

Dell...she's 5...wouldnt she just prefere toys etc at this age?

jellybaby22;2785231

My daughter is 6.. and IMO .you cant go wrong with barbie, high school … My daughter is 6.. and IMO .you cant go wrong with barbie, high school musical or anything to do with princesses.....

Actually I hvae bought a singing barbie for her, her much loved barbie (now bald) will face some tough competition. She is one of those brave (I know this after this worm finding thingie in her school), intelligent girls and incredibly cute girl - much like your daughter JB :-D - and I was just wondering if I should gift her a kitten .....

jellybaby22;2785231

My daughter is 6.. and IMO .you cant go wrong with barbie, high school … My daughter is 6.. and IMO .you cant go wrong with barbie, high school musical or anything to do with princesses.....

agreed:thumbsup:

I do have lots of limited edition and collectors edition Barbie dolls all never removed from box. If you wanted to get her a special Barbie?

Banned

Dell_in_the_bed;2785268

Actually I hvae bought a singing barbie for her, her much loved barbie … Actually I hvae bought a singing barbie for her, her much loved barbie (now bald) will face some tough competition. She is one of those brave (I know this after this worm finding thingie in her school), intelligent girls and incredibly cute girl - much like your daughter JB :-D - and I was just wondering if I should gift her a kitten .....

well remember..its her who will play with it, but the parents who will look after it, so whatever you do check with them first

Original Poster Banned

caz1cool;2785277

agreed:thumbsup:I do have lots of limited edition and collectors edition … agreed:thumbsup:I do have lots of limited edition and collectors edition Barbie dolls all never removed from box. If you wanted to get her a special Barbie?

Agreed so I am sticking with my singing barbie

ODB_69;2785288

well remember..its her who will play with it, but the parents who will … well remember..its her who will play with it, but the parents who will look after it, so whatever you do check with them first

Intelligent advise as always :thumbsup:

My husband is really thoughtful and makes me the most amazing gifts at christmas - all home made with the computer. I've had a calendar filled with family pics, a cd made of favourite songs and songs with meaning (the title of the cd was 'songs that say I love you'), photo frames with gorgeous photos in.

And loads more that i can't think of at the mo. they are always special to me as I know he has taken time and thought to make them.

Oh - he once made me a tube of smarties filled entirely with orange ones. (he had to eat loads apparently to do it)

Banned

Can you just take her out shopping and let her choose:-D

Original Poster Banned

Prissymiss;2785380

Can you just take her out shopping and let her choose:-D

:thumbsup: ......where have you been hiding all this time ......

Original Poster Banned

loveabargain;2785374

My husband is really thoughtful and makes me the most amazing gifts at … My husband is really thoughtful and makes me the most amazing gifts at christmas - all home made with the computer. I've had a calendar filled with family pics, a cd made of favourite songs and songs with meaning (the title of the cd was 'songs that say I love you'), photo frames with gorgeous photos in.And loads more that i can't think of at the mo. they are always special to me as I know he has taken time and thought to make them.Oh - he once made me a tube of smarties filled entirely with orange ones. (he had to eat loads apparently to do it)

Rather cute

Original Poster Banned

jellybaby22;2785399

NOOOOOOO...well I couldnt my daughter wouldnt be able to choose one … NOOOOOOO...well I couldnt my daughter wouldnt be able to choose one thing......she would want about 100 things.... :giggle:

Well you could always borrow some 50 quid notes from BG1 ? He is rather upset about having one too many in his pockets and socks anyhow

And that reminds me anyone seen BG1 today ? rather find his threads hallarious

Dell_in_the_bed;2785400

Rather cute

I know. Do you need this :-D
    http://www.drsfostersmith.com/images/Categoryimages/normal/p-28959-38346-bucket.jpg

Banned

Dell_in_the_bed;2785396

:thumbsup: ......where have you been hiding all this time ......

In your dreams:p

Original Poster Banned

Prissymiss;2785437

In your dreams:p

Oh yes I completely forgot :oops:

so you never replied to the thread ?

Original Poster Banned

loveabargain;2785410

I know. Do you need this :-D

no I am sure the hankies you gave me the other day will suffice :-D

Banned

Dell_in_the_bed;2785454

Oh yes I completely forgot :oops:so you never replied to the thread ?

Maybe I didn't:?

Dell_in_the_bed;2785120

Laptop ..... car ..... Predictable nooo

In my defence the laptop I picked out myself and was only £300

The car was an old Nissan Micra (my first car) set my parents back about £1000 and last at least 4 years so was a good little present
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423
      2. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1929
      3. love affairs1547
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767273

See more discussions