What is the best HD DVD movie

.....in terms of picture quality, i really want to show it off on my new hd ready tv!

Leave comments underneath....

10 Comments

Waterworld, end of.

Original Poster

oh really :O...... i thought it would have been a more recently made movie.

skusey;5418217

Waterworld, end of.

Quality wise no.

Three things:

1) You say "HD DVD" movie but do you really mean a HD DVD movie?

HD DVD as a format has gone and HD is now served by Blu Ray, so if you are looking for a High Defintion move you need to buy a Blu Ray movie.

2) To play a Blu Ray movie you need a Blu Ray player, it will not play on a normal DVD player.

3) Is your TV a 1080i or 1080P format?

If it is only 720p (768 lines) you will probably not notice much change between watching a "normal" DVD movie and a Blu Ray HD movie as the HD movie will only show on the 768 lines. True HD needs 1080 lines.

guilbert53;5418286

Three things:1) You say "HD DVD" movie but do you really mean a HD DVD … Three things:1) You say "HD DVD" movie but do you really mean a HD DVD movie?HD DVD as a format has gone and HD is now served by Blu Ray, so if you are looking for a High Defintion move you need to buy a Blu Ray movie.2) To play a Blu Ray movie you need a Blu Ray player, it will not play on a normal DVD player.3) Is your TV a 1080i or 1080P format?If it is only 720p (768 lines) you will probably not notice much change between watching a "normal" DVD movie and a Blu Ray HD movie as the HD movie will only show on the 768 lines. True HD needs 1080 lines..

+1

The best quality to show of a TV would be the Dark Knight on blu-ray, ain't bought a lot since but that quality of that is second to none. It was filmed with HD cameras, other would be Blue Planet, would show off the colours.

Original Poster

Unfortunately i have one of the xbox hd dvd drives so that is what i am refering to
No blu ray movies please .
My tv displays 1080p

godfatherman;5418371

Unfortunately i have one of the xbox hd dvd drives so that is what i am … Unfortunately i have one of the xbox hd dvd drives so that is what i am refering toNo blu ray movies please .My tv displays 1080p

Something like Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Happy Feet, Matrix

Adam2050;5418308

+1 The best quality to show of a TV would be the Dark Knight on blu-ray, … +1 The best quality to show of a TV would be the Dark Knight on blu-ray, ain't bought a lot since but that quality of that is second to none. It was filmed with HD cameras, other would be Blue Planet, would show off the colours.

+1, The Dark Knight is awesome in HD:thumbsup: and "300" also one of the best

Mission Impossible 3, The Bourne Ultimatum and Transformers I remember looking particularly good.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763950
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    3. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    4. GOT Leaks again416

See more discussions