What is the best Landlord repair policy

Found 8th Oct 2017
I just wanted to ask a question about a BTL i recently purchased. Its a top floor flat and in relatively good condition but i'd rather have a maintenance / repair policy in case there are any unforeseen repairs or leaks - especially with winter coming up.

My sister has a Homeserve policy which is pretty good (for her actual home) but wondering if anyone has any experience of a decent company that can offer a fixed contract or monthly payment for any repairs. I've seen the homeserve one and also one from Certi on a price comparison website, but does anyone have any recommendations ?
Community Updates
1 Comment
I've got a few BTL properties and will only use British Gas Landlord Homecare. Main reason being that the Homecare one includes a gas safety certificate and annual service , which I get done both at same time. You can upgrade to the next plan for plumbing, central heating and electrics at anytime. If the flat is fairly new or in good condition it's mainly the boiler cover and gas cert you need. I pay about £17 per month with a £60 excess because I'm within the M25.
British gas have always turned up when expected and can normally source any spare parts within 24 hours.
Believe me, there is nothing worse than an angry tenant without hot water and heating.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 8th Oct 2017
Post a comment

    Top Discussions

    Top Merchants