Expired

What is the best lens to upgrade Canon 450D kits lens?

Found 7th Nov 2009
Hi all. I am looking to upgrade my kits lens to something good but not super expensive as I am just doing photography as a hobby.

In the past I bought Sigma 70-200 lens and it is too telephoto which resulted in blur due to non image stabilizing and very small viewable area due to 1.6x crop factor on 450D.

So now I am thinking of buying something wide-angle and also allow me to take decent portrait picture. (eg. 17-80mm or something like that)

So, any photographers or enthusiasts on HUKD, please please recommend a lens according to my need. Thank you very much in advance.

6 Comments

buy a decent tripod for your long lens.

did yours come with an 18-55? if so, continue using it cos not a lot of give between that and a 17-80.

i have the stock 18-55 and a sigma long lens and they suit me just fine. sigma isn't the fastest thing in he world but it was quite cheap.

have a check at some camera review sites to get some strong impartial advice.

Original Poster

Yes, It does come with 18-55 lens but not very good for portrait shots. Plus I don't want to use tripod on the street or in the museum because people feel a bit intimidated with that. I mainly take pictures outdoor.

what about the canon 55-250 IS Lens £188.99 with image stabalising should be great

martinscamerashop.co.uk/can…asp

or cheaper on the bay (if you know what i mean)

Original Poster

hutchir9;6814902

what about the canon 55-250 IS Lens £188.99 with image stabalising should … what about the canon 55-250 IS Lens £188.99 with image stabalising should be great http://www.martinscamerashop.co.uk/canon-ef-s-55-250mm-f4-56-is-244-p.aspor cheaper on the bay (if you know what i mean)

Thanks for your advice. It sounds like really good lens for that price. However the problem is if I use 55-250 on my 450D the subject will be too close to the camera. So as I mentioned above, I would like something wide angle and a bit of telephoto capabilities.

Ideally, I would like 17mm to something below 100mm range. Cheers.

You should look for a 10-20mm sigma if you want good wide angle, it won't be cheap but will give you what you need .
[url]www.camerapricebuster.co.uk[/url]

]sigma 10-20mm

Reviews > ephotozine.com/art…329

Consider the Canon EF 50mm f1.4 USM - around £280
will be good for portraits.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Quidco Snow me the money Competition841129
    2. Free hand crafted designer watch88
    3. Chance to win a £250 Accessorize gift card88