What is the best mens shaving foam please?

Found 25th Jan 2013
My husband has always had a problem with shaving. He used to find the Avon foam excellent but they have now discontinued it. I bought the new Avon one it replaced but he hates it. Can anyone please recommend a really good shaving product before I use a cut throat one on him!
Community Updates
MiscRazor
27 Comments
Gels are better than foam
[quote=slamdunkin]Gels are better than foam[/quote

Any makes, he likes a good lather?
I use the Wilkinson Sword gel. It is the best that I have tried - hydro gel or similar.
Imperial Leather normal soap beats shaving foam hands down for me.
I find the Lacura range from Aldi excellent esp for sensitive skin good price also hope this helps
Original Source make lovely shower gel and other products, my Dad uses their shaving foam.
King of Shaves Azur anti bacterial, stops the spots as well.
Dont think theres a consensus here, but I find Nivea Shaving foam the best, if you can get it for a decent price

ocado.com/cat…c4c
I always use Clarins and my face looks so damn good!
I have a sad story to tell you
It may hurt your feelings a bit
Last night as I walked into my bathroom
I stepped in a big pile of ...
Shaving cream, be nice and clean
Shave every day and you'll always look keen

I think I'll break off with my girlfriend
Her antics are queer, I'll admit
Each time I say, "Darling, I love you"
She tells me that I'm full of ...

Our baby fell out of the window
You'd think that her head would be split
But good luck was with her that morning
She fell in a barrel of ...

My old lady died in a bathtub
She died from a terrible fit
In order to fulfill her wishes
She was buried in six feet of ...

When I was in France with the army
One day I looked inside my kit
I thought i would find me a sandwich
But the darn thing was loaded with ...

And now folks my story is ended
I think it is time I should quit
And if anyone of you feel offended
Push your head in a bucket of ...
Nivea for men,has to be the gel though.... it's the don... trust me, I usually shave with an axe.
Edited by: "Monkeybumcheeks" 25th Jan 2013
Have you considered buying him a brush and shaving cream to go with it.
The vulfix 404 is well regarded and at £12.60 is a bargain. I'm going to buy one now
and Taylor of Old Bond Street is well regarded and not to expensive. There are cheaper creams. Wilkinsons do Palm Olive cream for £1.49 a tube.

Just to add the above combination is far far far superior to anything you get in a can. You might think it doesn't to much different but it is huge. The two main thins are the brush helps to exfoliate the skin and the cream is just much better quality.
Edited by: "dolphinninja" 25th Jan 2013
It really depends on what area you are shaving or he is shaving. Like down south (I dont mean London Area)
Bumpydog

It really depends on what area you are shaving or he is shaving. Like … It really depends on what area you are shaving or he is shaving. Like down south (I dont mean London Area)

Ooop North only!
dolphinninja

Have you considered buying him a brush and shaving cream to go with … Have you considered buying him a brush and shaving cream to go with it.The vulfix 404 is well regarded and at £12.60 is a bargain. I'm going to buy one now :)and Taylor of Old Bond Street is well regarded and not to expensive. There are cheaper creams. Wilkinsons do Palm Olive cream for £1.49 a tube.Just to add the above combination is far far far superior to anything you get in a can. You might think it doesn't to much different but it is huge. The two main thins are the brush helps to exfoliate the skin and the cream is just much better quality.

Gels and foams also contain alcohol and various chemicals (to aid them being propelled out of a can) which dry out your skin horribly.
Happy Shopper
l`oreal shaving gel...excellent and makes your skin feel good!
Bulldog shaving gel I find fantastic.
http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/v1/designs/12176274,width=190,height=190/Real-Men-Don-t-Shave.png
Luckinforadeal

I find the Lacura range from Aldi excellent esp for sensitive skin good … I find the Lacura range from Aldi excellent esp for sensitive skin good price also hope this helps

As above its very thick, makes a lovely lather and goes on and on and on.
bluebindy123

Ooop North only!

What about yourself?
Sack, Crack, Back or Face?
transit

What about yourself?

Same!
bluebindy123

Same!

Not even a trim ?
Gilette Sensitive Gel or King of Shaves oil might be worth a try. Work well on my legs ( I'm Female)

http://www.shave.com/shave/

i see there are now serums but i haven't tried these.
sancho1983

But real gentlemen do
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions