Groups

What is the best mobile phone on the market right now

What yous think?

I reckon the Apple lovers will go for "the iPhone 4", anyone under the age of 20 will go for "the blackberry", anyone over the age of 65 will go for "the cheapest".

I'm looking to change my Samsung Galaxy S I9000 (Because it's one of the worst phones i've ever had) and i'm looking for the best phone out. I don't want "DA BEST FONE IN DA WORLD IS THE SONY ERICSSON COZ ITZ SILVER". Taking everything into consideration, OS, Internet, Camera etc etc.

GO...

28 Comments

Banned

iPhone 4.

Banned

Galaxy s2

iPhone 4.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

So you want the most average phone thats the best at nothing

No, I didn't say I wanted a phone that the best at everything, I said taking everything into consideration, what is the best.

If you had to sacrifice the camera for better internet etc then do that.

doboworth

iPhone 4.

get it for 99p on ebay

iPhone not a Blackberry fan as the nob button annoys me

San Fran (_;)

sian744

iPhone not a Blackberry fan as the nob button annoys me

I thought the knob button was specific to the iphone 4?

CalumUK

No, I didn't say I wanted a phone that the best at everything, I said … No, I didn't say I wanted a phone that the best at everything, I said taking everything into consideration, what is the best. If you had to sacrifice the camera for better internet etc then do that.

Wouldn't you be better off reading some unbiased review sites rather than taking notice of all the silly fanboy comments on here?

Nah the iPhone is smooth and knob-less

Original Poster

deek72

Wouldn't you be better off reading some unbiased review sites rather than … Wouldn't you be better off reading some unbiased review sites rather than taking notice of all the silly fanboy comments on here?

I guess you're right. Thing is though, I want some real advice. My Samsung Galaxy S freezes CONSTANTLY and my top line on my keypad freezes almost every time I text. Usually those review sites don;t usually tell you the stuff that goes wrong.

Banned

deek72

I thought the knob button was specific to the iphone 4?

The Deek shall inherit the mirth.

Banned

magicbeans

get it for 99p on ebay

Can I pay in pennies?

CalumUK

I guess you're right. Thing is though, I want some real advice. My … I guess you're right. Thing is though, I want some real advice. My Samsung Galaxy S freezes CONSTANTLY and my top line on my keypad freezes almost every time I text. Usually those review sites don;t usually tell you the stuff that goes wrong.

That's exactly my point. The iphone lovers will say theirs is the best whilst the android fans will say thrirs. You may as well ask which is best, ps3 or 360.

At the moment i would say the Samsung Galaxy s2

What budget do you have in mind?

nokia 5110

iPhone 4

Got to be the htc hd2

first time ever that I have kept my phone at the conclusion of a contract.

Probably the most customisable phone ever released.

It runs just about anything, windows 6.5, wp7, android, meego, ubuntu. And does so really quickly.

Plus it has a great size screen (in my opinion) cos anything smaller just feels pokey now!

Calum, have you got task killer on your Galaxy S ??

Girlfriend has a Galaxy and it bugs the hell out of me when i gotta steal her fone for a mo and its bogged down with all the crap on it.
    I know thats what causes hers to freeze sometimes

If you get a lot of email, want a good bsttery life and a fairly good camera, the new blackberry bold is great.

If you want to install lots apps and things then a iphone is for you.

If you want a mux of both, then its going to be an Android.

Original Poster

HaggisHunter

Calum, have you got task killer on your Galaxy S ??Girlfriend has a … Calum, have you got task killer on your Galaxy S ??Girlfriend has a Galaxy and it bugs the hell out of me when i gotta steal her fone for a mo and its bogged down with all the crap on it.I know thats what causes hers to freeze sometimes

I do have it mate. It doesn't make MUCH difference though mate.

Had iPhone 3g, moved onto HTC Desire, didn't buy i4 because of all the problems (although Bro in law has one and it didn't impress me all that much...and yes, he does suffer from the problems stated) and currently on HTC Desire HD and loving it. In many ways better than the Apple phones but contract ends soon and tempted by the ip5. Umm.

HTC Desire S

currently using the Motorola Defy - pretty good phone .. robust/water resistant/gorilla glass screen

all good brother !

Banned

Depends what you need it for

F'ing about and showing off = iphone 4, doesn't really do any task overly well except the huge app store and web browsing is good, no expandable memory, no removable memory means your f

Fast typing and definitely the best business phone = Blackberry (Bold 9780 / 9900 touch coming soon) = Very fast to type on, emails come through when they actually come through, led lights really usefull, actual OS and apps let it down a bit as well as poor battery life, and freezing issues.

Decent touch screen without the extortion = Android (HTC Desire HD) = Great phone in the middle of the two above, still not as quick to type on as a blackberry, and doesn't have quite as many apps as the iphone, but has a great UI and some nice tricks, as well as being open source, although doubts about security on it.

Used all 3. Currently own a blackberry curve 8520 but have used the 9780 quite a bit, the only let down is it isn't a "fun" phone but BBM, the keypad and the other more boring features go above and beyond. Will be purchasing the bold touch 9900/9930 in July.

Its really up to you, Go to the phone shops and try them out For me i love my iPhone 4. I have owned a 3G and Galaxy S before and although i liked the Galaxy as a phone the Android let me down, lack of apps in the store compared to AppStore was the thing that made me go back to Apple. Everyone what's different things in a phone i guess and i would just say go and try them yourself mate and see what you like best.
    Edited by: "steev08" 21st May 2011

h4mza

HTC Desire S

This

And helps when you get a deal for £10.50 a month
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)11
      2. Moving Light Switch / Wireless options67
      3. dishwasher mistake1117