Expired

What is the best modem router I should buy to replace my BT hub 6?

Found 26th Apr
The Hub 6 overheats and drops connection. It's really annoying when gaming online and then it disconnecting from other players.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Seeing as the Home Hub 6 is a pretty decent piece of kit, I would suspect you have a duff one and should be asking BT to replace it. Is the airflow clear? Have you had it in a dusty environment? If so, use a hoover to pull out dust etc from inside the case
ccnp39 m ago

Seeing as the Home Hub 6 is a pretty decent piece of kit, I would suspect …Seeing as the Home Hub 6 is a pretty decent piece of kit, I would suspect you have a duff one and should be asking BT to replace it. Is the airflow clear? Have you had it in a dusty environment? If so, use a hoover to pull out dust etc from inside the case

I just checked and it is a little dusty. I have cleaned it now and will see if it makes a difference. If not then I'll ring up BT. Thanks
Turn it off, and then ring BT its just died and its not coming back on at all, they’ll replace it no questions asked.
deleted1597344
A decent bit of kit, who are you kidding? This hub is absolute junk, the best place for it is the bin.

What sort of budget do you have?
deleted159734426th Apr

A decent bit of kit, who are you kidding? This hub is absolute junk, the …A decent bit of kit, who are you kidding? This hub is absolute junk, the best place for it is the bin.What sort of budget do you have?

My budget is £150 - £200. I've had a look at a few of them but I don't know which one to Brand to buy, Netgear, Asus or TP-link.
deleted1597344
Personally stay away from Netgear as I believe they still do not natively support BT’s IPv6 however I may be wrong. Asus, Billion, DrayTek, FritzBox, Ubiquiti, and TP-Link all work ‘out of the box’.

I would always recommend a 2 piece setup but nothing wrong with an all in one Modem/router.

I’ll try put some model recommendations together tomorrow for you.
deleted159734426th Apr

Personally stay away from Netgear as I believe they still do not natively …Personally stay away from Netgear as I believe they still do not natively support BT’s IPv6 however I may be wrong. Asus, Billion, DrayTek, FritzBox, Ubiquiti, and TP-Link all work ‘out of the box’.I would always recommend a 2 piece setup but nothing wrong with an all in one Modem/router.I’ll try put some model recommendations together tomorrow for you.

Thanks. I think that I'll go for this one. ASUS DSL-AC88U. It's £199.99 at currys. I can save 10% if i buy it through ebay.it with the promo code.
Edited by: "ankitpatel123" 27th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions