Groups

what is the best pay as you go sim to use in Turkey?

Travelling to Turkey and don't fancy paying £5 per day for data.

Does anyone know which is best?

Thanks

10 Comments

From 14th June giffgaff goodybags can be used across Europe at the same rate as UK.

Original Poster

Turkey dont count

Turkey is not part of EU so this does not apply there. i use Bimcell. around £8 to purchase sim card then choose monthly payg package depending on what you want- data, calls, texts etc.

I was also wondering the same so looked into vodafone pay as you go apparently you can use the data in turkey.

vodafone.co.uk/sho…ns/
    So if you buy one of these pay as you go packages you can use the allowance in turkey

Original Poster

Thank you I would prefer to have something over here that I can take so will look into Vodafone.

rhinopaul

From 14th June giffgaff goodybags can be used across Europe at the same … From 14th June giffgaff goodybags can be used across Europe at the same rate as UK.

You do know Turkey isn't in Europe? Well 3% of it is. 97% is in Asia. It's culturally not European either.

mtuk1

You do know Turkey isn't in Europe? Well 3% of it is. 97% is in Asia. … You do know Turkey isn't in Europe? Well 3% of it is. 97% is in Asia. It's culturally not European either.

​Funny that, as it's known for being in 2 continents regardless of what percentage.

I know the Vodafone website says turkey is not part of the worldtravller so you assume you are not able to take your contract over but my brother went and received a text that's he's able to use his mins, text and data freely without any charge. (think it was 4gb for data ). Although he is on 20gb plan for uk. so if you are with Vodafone (in a contract with them ) you are allowed to use your roaming .

HammadKhalil

I know the Vodafone website says turkey is not part of the worldtravller … I know the Vodafone website says turkey is not part of the worldtravller so you assume you are not able to take your contract over but my brother went and received a text that's he's able to use his mins, text and data freely without any charge. (think it was 4gb for data ). Although he is on 20gb plan for uk. so if you are with Vodafone (in a contract with them ) you are allowed to use your roaming .

Was he near the border ? Maybe pinged off a EU inclusive base station and received the text ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767158
      2. word association Game73844447
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!543740
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047073

See more discussions