Groups
    EXPIRED

What is the best PAYG plan for casual data usage (no calls/texts required)?

Just picked up a new tablet which can take a SIM card. I plan to use mostly WIFI but I want to stick a data SIM in it for occasional use.

Best I've found is the Three 3-2-1 SIM @ 1p for MB

Any advice is much appreciated.

9 Comments

EE were offering a limited edition SIM with 100Gb data a month free for the first 2 months. You need to order it by 21st December though, and I don't know what prices are like after that.
    shop.ee.co.uk/cam…hil

Looking for the same thing myself.
    Considering getting a T-mobile SIM (99p off eBay with £5 pre loaded) then add £15 & buy a 6 month internet Booster:

Boosters

Any other suggestions?

Three is probably the best for your usage, but if you are looking for something heavier, GiffGaff is quite good with £12 for 3GB data or £18 for unlimited data (with calls and texts, not sure about tethering).

Original Poster

Yeah I think I'm going to give the Three 3-2-1 a try. Will stick a tenner on it and see how long it lasts, if I find I'm spending more than £10 a month (1gb+) I will probably look at alternatives such as GifGaf. Cheers for the advice

Original Poster

aaronjden

Three is probably the best for your usage, but if you are looking for … Three is probably the best for your usage, but if you are looking for something heavier, GiffGaff is quite good with £12 for 3GB data or £18 for unlimited data (with calls and texts, not sure about tethering).

Turns out you cannot use the Three 1-2-3 SIM with a Tablet.

The standard offer available form Three, O2, Vodafone for data usage on tablets is £10pm for 1GB, however this expires every 30 days. No really what I'm after as I don't want to be forced to top up £10 every month.

I've decided to go for this deal. £14 for 6GB of data which expires after 3 months, purchasing one of these every few months will be perfect and work out at £4.60pm for 2GBpm. Not bad. Sungenius's DEAL

Just need to figure out if I can but a few and leave them unregistered.

If you know you're going to use over 1GB per month that sounds reasonable.
    But for myself I know my usage is well within 1GB so 6 months (1GB per month x6) for £15.99 is better (=£2.66pm)

Original Poster

BeeKeeper

If you know you're going to use over 1GB per month that sounds … If you know you're going to use over 1GB per month that sounds reasonable.But for myself I know my usage is well within 1GB so 6 months (1GB per month x6) for £15.99 is better (=£2.66pm)

Hmmm that's a pretty good deal actually, and I wouldn't need a new SIM every 3 months. I'm sold.

shatteredneon

Hmmm that's a pretty good deal actually, and I wouldn't need a new SIM … Hmmm that's a pretty good deal actually, and I wouldn't need a new SIM every 3 months. I'm sold.

Yeah... It's the best I can find... But was still hoping someone might be able to better it

Original Poster

shatteredneon

Hmmm that's a pretty good deal actually, and I wouldn't need a new SIM … Hmmm that's a pretty good deal actually, and I wouldn't need a new SIM every 3 months. I'm sold.

Also worth noting that they don't disconnect you after the 1GB is used up, they just limit your usage. I had a TMobile SIM a few years back and I think they just deny access to high data usage site like YouTube and iPlayer.

Have cancelled the EE SIM and gone for this.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      2. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?915
      4. Back to European satellite tv32

See more discussions