Groups

What is the best PHONE contracts and deals at the minute????

im due for an upgrade and want the new nokia which is worth £500 im with 3 and they want me to pay £100 extra for the phone then pay extra £10 a month as i would have to take out different tarrif, just wondering if there is any other good deals as i may cancel contract!!!

6 Comments

My uncle got a contract with orange and he got nokia can't remember model number but It Has 5 megapixel camera with 500 minutes and 100 texts for £10 a month

atigona;6736383

My uncle got a contract with orange and he got nokia can't remember … My uncle got a contract with orange and he got nokia can't remember model number but It Has 5 megapixel camera with 500 minutes and 100 texts for £10 a month

Was that after Quidco ?

You'll never get a great deal on a new handset as everyone wants one.

Any offer they make has to cover the cost of the phone over the term of the contract (the phones aren't really free, you know), that's what the payment on top of the contract cost is for...

o2 do the best deals imho, i got a c905 with 2000 minutes and unlimited txts for £26/month last time i renewed my contract.

Original Poster

thanks its mainly just paying the £100 pound i didnt want to do as its also a 2 year contract maybe its worth it andit £40 a month im only paying £25 at the mo thanks for your comments

Other day: I was looking at the hottest contract deals here from around 12 months ago for the then latest phones and what they was offering. I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't make economic sense to enter into a contract longer than about 8 months. Without re-searching what I did for examples, I found the £30pcm contracts with a phone worth £500 would now be about £20pcm. Say if you had 6 months left (cus you had a 18 month contract) you'd be paying an extra £60 for the phone over time because of the lock in. If it was a 24 month contract then it'd be £120. And then there is the fact that life changes, your needs now are probably not gonna be the same in 6 months, never mind 2 years away.

Then, when you take into account the re-sale value of a phone, the original sim-free will sell for more than the original network locked (although I know they can be unlocked, but its just the way it is).

The rolling 30 day contracts seem the best because they are too flexible and threatening to leave every couple of months either knocks off a few pence or gets you something for free.

And when was the last time there was a truly hot contract phone on these forums, too good to pass? To me contract phones are not hot at all. Technology and life these days moves too fast for those of us who like our gadgets.

Stuff to think about.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions