What is the best postage option for me

Posted 1st Jun
I need to post a parcel, it is worth £300, weights 4.1kg and measures 55 x 20 x 26cm.

What is my best option. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Use a few comparison sites and check?
probably Parcelforce, or UPS

check the parcel2go website
Whoohoo01/06/2020 16:29

Use a few comparison sites and check?

I have but im confused, back in February i send a parcel worth £700 and only paid £12 for a similar sized item, now every quote it around £25 and i don't know why.
TheMissBlue01/06/2020 16:35

I have but im confused, back in February i send a parcel worth £700 and …I have but im confused, back in February i send a parcel worth £700 and only paid £12 for a similar sized item, now every quote it around £25 and i don't know why.

Similar size can vary a lot. All it needs to do is be that little bit bigger or heavier and jump up into the next category of their sizing prices
Mendoza01/06/2020 16:34

probably Parcelforce, or UPScheck the parcel2go website

Don't use Parcelforce unless you don't mind your parcel taking nearly 3 weeks to arrive, I had two ebay UK bought items posted to me through them and it was a shock when they actually arrived weeks later.
TheMissBlue01/06/2020 16:35

I have but im confused, back in February i send a parcel worth £700 and …I have but im confused, back in February i send a parcel worth £700 and only paid £12 for a similar sized item, now every quote it around £25 and i don't know why.

supply and demand, with shops shut everyone was using delivery firms so prices went up...
Check out the courier places and check it’s actually covered some only cover certain items for total loss not damage. Ensure it’s insured for full value. Did you sell it on eBay? If yes be aware of scams with high value items.
£13.49 with DHL using parcelmonkey
The 55x20x26 dimension exceeds the 100cm total by 1cm and pushes the parcel into the next category.
Edited by: "bozo007" 1st Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text