What is the best Pro Evolution Soccer game on the PS3???

Just wanted your usual honest feedback on which is the best Pro Evolution Soccer game on the PS3...haven't touched a footie game since fifa-something, played fifa 14 with a friend onine earlier today and was OK, felt a little slow for my liking, as I loved PES 6.

Since then I haven't found any of these new gen footie games to have taken my liking. Loved the end to end gameplay in PES 6. I find the newer gen of footie games to be a little slow.

Heard good things about PES 2016, but not going spend the going rate for it at the moment. So I'm trying to find which PES that came out prior is the one to play on the PS3, online with my friend. Thanks guys!

12 Comments

PES 15, uses the Fox engine like the PS4 version so plays more or less the same

pes 09 for gameplay. 50p in cex

2013 is the best IMO. The servers are no longer online for any PS3 games.

Original Poster

LAM09

2013 is the best IMO. The servers are no longer online for any PS3 games.

​Does that mean I won't be able to play any of the older pes games against my friend via online?

rimz790

​Does that mean I won't be able to play any of the older pes games a … ​Does that mean I won't be able to play any of the older pes games against my friend via online?

Yes

Original Poster

tomdavidrichards

Yes

Oh ok...how comes EA still have their older Fifa games like 14 to be played online between friends?

rimz790

Oh ok...how comes EA still have their older Fifa games like 14 to be … Oh ok...how comes EA still have their older Fifa games like 14 to be played online between friends?

Just the way it is cod games keep their servers on for ages,wwe games in general close their servers quickly as well

Original Poster

tomdavidrichards

Just the way it is cod games keep their servers on for ages,wwe games in … Just the way it is cod games keep their servers on for ages,wwe games in general close their servers quickly as well

Ah ok, thanks for that info! Looks like if me and my friend want to play PES online we'll have to invest in 2016 version then...

Pes 2016 is in the psn sale atm i believe so you should get it fairly cheap

Original Poster

123batman321

Pes 2016 is in the psn sale atm i believe so you should get it fairly … Pes 2016 is in the psn sale atm i believe so you should get it fairly cheap

​Thanks, Amazon and Argos are selling the Euro 2016 edition for £11.49 also...

kcspurs

pes 09 for gameplay. 50p in cex

​definitely pes 09

what do you mean by fifa 14 being slow? i believe that is the fastest, most pace reliant fifa game yet! PES 16, maybe wait a month and its price should drop, ready for PES 17... i could suggest picking up all FIFA and PES games until about 10/11 as they are all great and cheap
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767445
    2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691422
    3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.715
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047180

See more discussions