EXPIRED

What is the best quality, value for money (and deal) for a 10 inch tablet?

Wife would like a tablet for her to use in the kitchen - recipes and all that, plus some video and gaming.

What is the best value one out there at the moment - she did want an iPad, but thats over kill (and too expensive!) - was thinking along the lines of the Galaxy tabs, but know there are a few versions, and costs.

I would like something that is going to last for a good while - so something that might see Lollipop would be good.

14 Comments

how much do you want to spend? you can't beat an ipad for ease of use. Think the mini 2 was going for ~£200 either refurbished or I saw a deal in store at sainsburys for about that. Is that too much? the mini might not be 10" but because of its 4:3 aspect ratio it will probably be more readable in portrait and landscape when browsing the web (looking at recipes)

If you don't like that idea the tabpro 10.1 is probably your best bet @ £230
hotukdeals.com/dea…034

Or you could get the 7" windows 8 linx table for £60
hotukdeals.com/sea…inx

It really depends on what you are willing to spend and how much it will be used. With these thing I think its worth spending the extra as a good tablet makes browsing the web/facebook/watching videos a pleasure whilst a cheap tablet can just make you frustrated.
Edited by: "badasschris" 14th Dec 2014

How about the Windows Linx 10? HERE plus you can get cash back if you trade in another tablet (£50 back)

Original Poster

badasschris

how much do you want to spend? you can't beat an ipad for ease of use. … how much do you want to spend? you can't beat an ipad for ease of use. Think the mini 2 was going for ~£200 either refurbished or I saw a deal in store at sainsburys for about that. Is that too much? the mini might not be 10" but because of its 4:3 aspect ratio it will probably be more readable in portrait and landscape when browsing the web (looking at recipes)If you don't like that idea the tabpro 10.1 is probably your best bet @ £230http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-galaxy-tab-pro-10-1-229-currys-2073034Or you could get the 7" windows 8 linx table for £60http://www.hotukdeals.com/search?action=search&keywords=linxIt really depends on what you are willing to spend and how much it will be used. With these thing I think its worth spending the extra as a good tablet makes browsing the web/facebook/watching videos a pleasure whilst a cheap tablet can just make you frustrated.

Looking at about £250 max really

Original Poster

lonegunman01

How about the Windows Linx 10? HERE plus you can get cash back if you … How about the Windows Linx 10? HERE plus you can get cash back if you trade in another tablet (£50 back)

Might consider this - any idea on games though - haven't used windows 8 apps much

No idea, I use mine to watch videos and surf the web but can't see why games should be a problem on it.

"used" iPad 2/4 might be the way to go, battery life still among the best of the lot.

If you're willing to play around with rooting, ROMs, etc, the Nook HD+ is a good cheap choice but it's a 9" tablet. They are going for £65-75 recently on ebay.
Edited by: "boringest" 14th Dec 2014

Original Poster

cheers everyone so far - I have a few avenues to explore now

I got my wife the Acer Iconia A3 from Tesco. 10.1" cost £179

FearTheBassPlayer

Might consider this - any idea on games though - haven't used windows 8 … Might consider this - any idea on games though - haven't used windows 8 apps much

windows 8 is seriously lacking for app store games. I don't know how powerful this tablet is but I'm sure it could run older full pc games but that would require a stand + mouse + keyboard.

What games did you have in mind?

Original Poster

badasschris

windows 8 is seriously lacking for app store games. I don't know how … windows 8 is seriously lacking for app store games. I don't know how powerful this tablet is but I'm sure it could run older full pc games but that would require a stand + mouse + keyboard. What games did you have in mind?

Just the usual android type things like Candy Crush etc

I just got the lenovo yoga for £169 and its a great bit of kit. more impressed than the nexus 7 I had before

FearTheBassPlayer

Just the usual android type things like Candy Crush etc

In that case you probably want to avoid windows 8 tablets. There is just so many apps missing. I suggest taking a trip to currys or john lewis where you can have a play. I would say the ipad mini 2 is the best device per/£ currently available but if its too small then that leaves looking for a cheap ipad air refurbished deal (which will still be a bit more expensive) or going for an android tablet. I think the price of the tab pro is justified as its specs are pretty fantastic.

Just got a Lenovo yoga hd+ for 200£ (quad 1.6ghz, 2gb ram version) on amazon and it is pretty good.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Car Leasing Deals (Audi, Golf or Scirocco)23
    2. Any know of offers on London eye and Maddam Tussauds please11
    3. E-liquid44
    4. Acer RT280k Monitor refuses to sleep.56

See more discussions