What is the best strategy game for the pc??

Banned 23
Found 1st Aug 2008
Hi,

I am a fan of pc strategy games such as age of empires and rise of nations. I was just wondering what you feel is the best strategy game for the pc. I am thinking of buying Rome:Total War but i am going to wait to hear your suggestions.

Thanks in advance

23 Comments

I always play Command and Conquer, my personal favouite

Original Poster Banned

RedIron;2652742

Yh i am thinking about buying that as well...does it keep you interested for long?

Afro_Zombie;2652775

Yh i am thinking about buying that as well...does it keep you interested … Yh i am thinking about buying that as well...does it keep you interested for long?

I can play on it all day, you can do either the missions, play against the PC or play online so there's lots of different modes to keep your occupied.

play.com/Gam…(PC)

£19.50 at play for 12 different Command and Conquer games

* Command & Conquer Gold
* Command & Conquer Covert Operations (EP)
* Command & Conquer Red Alert
* Command & Conquer Red Alert Aftermath (EP)
* Command & Conquer Red Alert Counterstrike (EP)
* Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun
* Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun Firestorm (EP)
* Command & Conquer Renegade
* Command & Conquer Red Alert 2
* Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge (EP)
* Command & Conquer Generals
* Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour (EP)

That will keep you occupied for months and months

Dawn of war + expansions, company of heroes, total war series, supreme commander and Civ4 (not RTS but strategy).

RedIron;2652814

I can play on it all day, you can do either the missions, play against … I can play on it all day, you can do either the missions, play against the PC or play online so there's lots of different modes to keep your occupied.http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/898224/Command-Conquer-The-First-Decade/Product.html?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-VideoGames-_-Strategy-_-Command+&+Conquer+The+First+Decade&source=5063&engine=froogle_videogames&keyword=Command+%26amp%3B+Conquer%3A+The+First+Decade+(PC)£19.50 at play for 12 different Command and Conquer games

£14,99 from Game game.co.uk/PC/…150 and Gameplay game.co.uk/PC/…150

I bought it from SoftUK when it was £8.99 (now £15.49 there) highly recommended

Banned

RedIron;2652742

second that mate its the dogs dangles:p

played them all
when the next 1 out

Dont forget the hidden ANT game in C&C :thumbsup:

Hold shift left clik the speaker icon in the top right LOOK out here they come

age of empires 2 and age of empires 3 altho age of empires 2 is the better of the 2 in my opinion:) bit old but still a great game

I've always liked Command and Conquer, while it's generally considered the least C&C game I think Zero hour is terrific - the 12 generals offer an incredible variety of tactics while keeping everything very well balanced.

I'm also a big fan of Dawn of War, it's a well designed game that forces players to get out of their base and start fighting. There is no real turtling or base building as anyone who tries to reinforce their base will get mown down by those who have captured strategic points across the map. While the game is a bit old now the models, their animations and audio are all very well done which make for impressive battles especially as you get further up the tech tree.

John

Original Poster Banned

thanks guys..really appreciate the help will be buying c&c tomorrow...just one more thing does it have online multiplayer mode and if so is it any good?

Afro_Zombie;2653351

thanks guys..really appreciate the help will be buying c&c … thanks guys..really appreciate the help will be buying c&c tomorrow...just one more thing does it have online multiplayer mode and if so is it any good?

Hello.
Yes most of the C&C games have an online/multiplayer mode :thumbsup:
The big pack will keep you busy for hours

Not sure on-line works that well with the older games, tiberium wars is quite good. I haven't played it on-line for ages as it was full of cheaters but I think it's fixed now. Stick to the big 4x4 games and you'll be fine, play 1 v 1 and you'll get crushed unless you play the game 24 hours a day!

Red Alert 3 is out next year I think, looks pretty good.

If you after number 3 - heres the best price (this one isn't included in the big set)
dvdi.co.uk/COM…55/

Decent pc (especially gfx card) required to play c&c3.

Not that decent, I'm playing it on an 8400 powered laptop on Vista on medium and it plays surprisingly well.

John

Johnmcl7;2653760

Not that decent, I'm playing it on an 8400 powered laptop on Vista on … Not that decent, I'm playing it on an 8400 powered laptop on Vista on medium and it plays surprisingly well.John

I tried it with on board gfx and it just laughed at me!

Think you need a dedicated gfx card for it.

Original Poster Banned

ooh not all that on computer bits and bobs...do you know how i can find out what type of graphics card i have

Benjimoron;2653780

I tried it with on board gfx and it just laughed at me!Think you need a … I tried it with on board gfx and it just laughed at me!Think you need a dedicated gfx card for it.

Onboard graphics doesn't really count as a graphics card when it comes to gaming, the 8400 is a basic low end graphics card.

John

Afro_Zombie;2653836

ooh not all that on computer bits and bobs...do you know how i can find … ooh not all that on computer bits and bobs...do you know how i can find out what type of graphics card i have

Click start-run and type dxdiag then hit enter - click the display tab and you should see your graphics card there.

John

Original Poster Banned

dont see anything about a graphics card..ahh im so useless lol

i see chip type and DAC type..would it be any of those

Afro_Zombie;2653967

dont see anything about a graphics card..ahh im so useless loli see chip … dont see anything about a graphics card..ahh im so useless loli see chip type and DAC type..would it be any of those

There should be a display tab

That or you can use Everest;

lavalys.com/pro…=en

That programme will tell you all you need to know and has a free trial

Original Poster Banned

RedIron;2653990

There should be a display tabThat or you can use … There should be a display tabThat or you can use Everest;http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=enThat programme will tell you all you need to know and has a free trial

Thanks will try now :thumbsup:

Two Words,, Total Annihilation!
Post a comment
@
    Text