Groups

What is the best TV for around £2000?

What is the best tv right now that you can get for £2000 or there abouts?

ive seen the LG OLED55c6v which is currently 2000.. any others?

any help is appreciated

10 Comments

that 1 or b6v

I would go with a 600-700 quid projector. And you have spare change for lamps if need changing

mattsokolinski

I would go with a 600-700 quid projector. And you have spare change for … I would go with a 600-700 quid projector. And you have spare change for lamps if need changing

​You'd need that change for the tuner you'll need. And a screen. And some audio. And a bracket. And installation. And cables. And it won't be as bright as a tv so you'll be wanting some decent blinds for during the day.
    You might still have change for a lamp after all that.

craigstephens

​You'd need that change for the tuner you'll need. And a screen. And some … ​You'd need that change for the tuner you'll need. And a screen. And some audio. And a bracket. And installation. And cables. And it won't be as bright as a tv so you'll be wanting some decent blinds for during the day.You might still have change for a lamp after all that.

​You don't need a screen. Just a white wall.
    Basic speakers, tuner, bracket and cables will still leave plenty of change

mattsokolinski

​You don't need a screen. Just a white wall. Basic speakers, tuner, b … ​You don't need a screen. Just a white wall. Basic speakers, tuner, bracket and cables will still leave plenty of change

​The guy is willing to spend 2k on a tv. You really think hes willing to go for your council estate setup?

​The guy is willing to spend 2k on a tv. You really think hes willing to g … ​The guy is willing to spend 2k on a tv. You really think hes willing to go for your council estate setup?

And whats wrong with council estates???

loosescrew

And whats wrong with council estates???

​Nothing, but they dont usually have high quality av installs.

You could also have both of course. Philips' top of the range TV combines a 65" LCD with nine projectors for an enhanced version of their Ambilight system:
    pcadvisor.co.uk/rev…12/

It launched at £4k but that was some months ago now so may have had a price cut by now.

OLED does seem to get most of the awards for picture quality in reviews though, and LG's Web OS 3.0 is apparently a decent smart TV platform as far as that goes. If you're not sitting close enough to benefit from 4k then LG do a 910v OLED model for £1300.

OLED is dimmer than LCD though, so if you have your TV in a well lit room then you may find an LCD TV better.

I know 3D is no longer in vogue but I still feel there is enough content to justify getting a TV with one. Are there any recommendations? Samsung seems to have stopped doing them in the newer models.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Music download33
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…33
      3. Advertised on Gumtree55
      4. Remortgaging to pay off debt89

See more discussions