What is the best value for money protein you can buy?

Found 8th Jun 2012
One that's a good price for quality, mixes well, tastes ok etc.

What do you buy?

Thanks.
Community Updates
MiscProtein
23 Comments
I so want to say mine but I shall refrain.

Chicken is a good natural source.
myprotein.com/uk/…ein

cheap, mixes well and tastes alright.

I use unflavoured but use these to give it a bit of a taste (currently using strawberry and toffee)

myprotein.com/uk/…ing
Edited by: "numptyj" 8th Jun 2012
numptyj

http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/impact_whey_proteincheap, mixes well … http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/impact_whey_proteincheap, mixes well and tastes alright.

THIS ^^^^ if you are watching the pennies OP
Get the chocolate mint flavour, impact whey from myprotein.

Tastes like mint Aero.
Agree with the numptyj, best stuff to go for.

I avoid flavoured stuff because when you are drinking it regularly any flavour becomes horribly sickening
Peanuts
whats the purpose of protein shakes?
Matrix Anabolic Nothing more Nothing Less

Thanks for the responses all. I'll get some mint choc myprotien. Are there any free delivery codes for myprotien?
PhenomenalFox

Thanks for the responses all. I'll get some mint choc myprotien. Are … Thanks for the responses all. I'll get some mint choc myprotien. Are there any free delivery codes for myprotien?

DONT
Why isn't good old fashioned food enough?
PhenomenalFox

Thanks for the responses all. I'll get some mint choc myprotien. Are … Thanks for the responses all. I'll get some mint choc myprotien. Are there any free delivery codes for myprotien?

As long as you drink it with milk, you will love it.

Been drinking it for years and never tired of it.
Veruschka

Why isn't good old fashioned food enough?

Because eating alot of food can become tiresome.
Edited by: "jaybizzle" 8th Jun 2012
What about the best value weight gainer? I have only started the gym but i need to gain weight. Whats the best way to do this? Without gaining alot of fat ?
Protein Mania

99% protein per serving, 0% fat, 0% carbs, full serving of creatine & BCAA's

Great protein & relatively cheap
I didn't mean my last comment to sound rude, sorry. x

So if you are wanting to bulk up and build muscle you would have to eat a huge amount and that may be a struggle if you don't have the appetite? I imagine your jaws would ache as well!

So, if you drank the protein shakes you would gain fat but by exercising so much it turns to muscle, is that right?

None, don't need it.

Best thing I ever did was drop the shakes, they are pointless.
Wotwot123

None, don't need it.Best thing I ever did was drop the shakes, they are … None, don't need it.Best thing I ever did was drop the shakes, they are pointless.

They're a relatively cheap and easy way to add protein to a diet. Normal food is great but you get some funny looks trying to eat a whole chicken in the gym after a workout.
Nutrisport 90+ is alright if you want a blend of whey protein isolate and Micellar Casein:

Ingredients: Undenatured Cross-Flow Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate (65%), Isolated Undenatured Micellar Casein (33%), Stabiliser (Pea Fibre), Sweetners (Cyclamate, Saccharin), Natural Flavour.

Supposed to be 'Highest Protein Percentage Of Any Protein Supplement In Its Class'

Costs about £45 online for 5kg tub

I've only tried the chocolate flavour..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants