What is the best way to get sky+ box replaced in this situation?

Found 14th May 2009
One of our nornal sky+ boxes is nearly caput and we need to replace it. We have multi room already. How much would it cost for us to get a replacement Sky+ box, upgrade to an hd box or woud we be better to cut the contract and apply for new contract in my partner's name. Thanks

1. Misc
  2. Sky
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Sky
10 Comments

Is it not under warranty?

i just farted

I rang sky and told them I was going to cancel our subscription as our box was on it's last legs. They offered for an engineer to come out and look at it, for £60! I said thanks, but no thanks, and they said ok how about for free then?

They came out, replaced the box for free, everyone is happy :-)

on ebay they sell for a not bad price

monkeybrains;5214311

i just farted

monkeybrains;5214336

on ebay they sell for a not bad price

I think your fart has affected your brain?

Get one for free from sky, or buy one from ebay????

:whistling:

A free box from sky? I would check that you haven't been put on a new 1 year contract

Original Poster

not under warranty

nickzadok;5214545

A free box from sky? I would check that you haven't been put on a new 1 … A free box from sky? I would check that you haven't been put on a new 1 year contract

How will I have had to take a new contract if there was absolutely no mention of it in the conversation? That would be illiegal surely, and would it not require something in writing from them?

bankofmumndad;5221879

How will I have had to take a new contract if there was absolutely no … How will I have had to take a new contract if there was absolutely no mention of it in the conversation? That would be illiegal surely, and would it not require something in writing from them?

worth a call to sky to ask how long your contract has remaining

Banned

I got a spare normal box you can have if they dont offer you anything
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?89
    2. word association Game74244939
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901
    4. Add one, leave one game54415485

See more discussions