Groups
    EXPIRED

what is the best way to send a mobile phone to India?

hi
    I was thinking of sending the moto 4g to my mother in India.can fellow hukders advise the best way to do it and the cost involved.thanks

12 Comments

Banned

DHL

I have sent a phone before best and cheapest way is to order online from Expansys, choosing the rest of the world delivery option which will cost you £155.28 for the phone delivered. Custom charges will be less than £20.

Royal Mail & DHL are expensive options which I don't recommend.

Don't forget 2% cashback on purchases via Quidco.

Total approx £175

Edited by: "bargainBooze" 29th Jul 2014

How about Amazon/India?

Banned

just get a quote using parcel2go.com/

With prices like that for postage, would it not be cheaper to just order one in India and get it delivered to her address?

In fact ignore that, I just read it properly doh

Banned

parcel2go.com/quotes?col=219&dest=4&p=1~0.5|20|20|10#/results

£16 to India for 5-10 day service or £23 for 2 day service, if you use voucher code FIRSTFREE or TVFREE

Don't forget about possible customs charges, declare it as a gift to avoid charges

hukdealz

http://www.parcel2go.com/quotes?col=219&dest=4&p=1~0.5|20|20|10#/results … http://www.parcel2go.com/quotes?col=219&dest=4&p=1~0.5|20|20|10#/results £16 to India for 5-10 day service or £23 for 2 day service, if you use voucher code FIRSTFREE or TVFREEDon't forget about possible customs charges, declare it as a gift to avoid charges

Plus insurance cover which is another £7

Banned

bargainBooze

Plus insurance cover which is another £7

I just did it and it was £4 for insurance cover of up to £100

hukdealz

I just did it and it was £4 for insurance cover of up to £100

£100 cover is not enough £140 phone.

Banned

bargainBooze

£100 cover is not enough £140 phone.

well tesco is selling the phone for £110 if I remember correctly and if it was me, I wouldn't mind saving £3 and getting the phone price minus £10 back if it got lost (which these days is very unlikely anyway)

hukdealz

well tesco is selling the phone for £110 if I remember correctly and if … well tesco is selling the phone for £110 if I remember correctly and if it was me, I wouldn't mind saving £3 and getting the phone price minus £10 back if it got lost (which these days is very unlikely anyway)

with P2G its usually £0.00 back when coming to claim as their insurance is next to nothing. Plus their insurance prices are too high compared to others.

Edited by: "bargainBooze" 31st Jul 2014
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941344
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767216
      3. Nintendo Ships Every Switch With a Hidden NES Emulator35
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927343

See more discussions