Expired

what is the best way to send a mobile phone to India?

Found 29th Jul 2014
hi
I was thinking of sending the moto 4g to my mother in India.can fellow hukders advise the best way to do it and the cost involved.thanks
Community Updates
12 Comments
Banned
DHL
I have sent a phone before best and cheapest way is to order online from Expansys, choosing the rest of the world delivery option which will cost you £155.28 for the phone delivered. Custom charges will be less than £20.

Royal Mail & DHL are expensive options which I don't recommend.

Don't forget 2% cashback on purchases via Quidco.

Total approx £175

Edited by: "bargainBooze" 29th Jul 2014
How about Amazon/India?
Banned
just get a quote using parcel2go.com/
With prices like that for postage, would it not be cheaper to just order one in India and get it delivered to her address?
In fact ignore that, I just read it properly doh
Banned
parcel2go.com/quotes?col=219&dest=4&p=1~0.5|20|20|10#/results

£16 to India for 5-10 day service or £23 for 2 day service, if you use voucher code FIRSTFREE or TVFREE

Don't forget about possible customs charges, declare it as a gift to avoid charges
hukdealz

http://www.parcel2go.com/quotes?col=219&dest=4&p=1~0.5|20|20|10#/results … http://www.parcel2go.com/quotes?col=219&dest=4&p=1~0.5|20|20|10#/results £16 to India for 5-10 day service or £23 for 2 day service, if you use voucher code FIRSTFREE or TVFREEDon't forget about possible customs charges, declare it as a gift to avoid charges

Plus insurance cover which is another £7
Banned
bargainBooze

Plus insurance cover which is another £7

I just did it and it was £4 for insurance cover of up to £100
hukdealz

I just did it and it was £4 for insurance cover of up to £100

£100 cover is not enough £140 phone.
Banned
bargainBooze

£100 cover is not enough £140 phone.

well tesco is selling the phone for £110 if I remember correctly and if it was me, I wouldn't mind saving £3 and getting the phone price minus £10 back if it got lost (which these days is very unlikely anyway)
hukdealz

well tesco is selling the phone for £110 if I remember correctly and if … well tesco is selling the phone for £110 if I remember correctly and if it was me, I wouldn't mind saving £3 and getting the phone price minus £10 back if it got lost (which these days is very unlikely anyway)

with P2G its usually £0.00 back when coming to claim as their insurance is next to nothing. Plus their insurance prices are too high compared to others.

Edited by: "bargainBooze" 31st Jul 2014
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants