Expired

what is the best way to send a mobile phone to India?

Found 29th Jul 2014
hi
I was thinking of sending the moto 4g to my mother in India.can fellow hukders advise the best way to do it and the cost involved.thanks
Community Updates
12 Comments
DHL
I have sent a phone before best and cheapest way is to order online from Expansys, choosing the rest of the world delivery option which will cost you £155.28 for the phone delivered. Custom charges will be less than £20.

Royal Mail & DHL are expensive options which I don't recommend.

Don't forget 2% cashback on purchases via Quidco.

Total approx £175

Edited by: "bargainBooze" 29th Jul 2014
How about Amazon/India?
just get a quote using parcel2go.com/
With prices like that for postage, would it not be cheaper to just order one in India and get it delivered to her address?
In fact ignore that, I just read it properly doh
parcel2go.com/quotes?col=219&dest=4&p=1~0.5|20|20|10#/results

£16 to India for 5-10 day service or £23 for 2 day service, if you use voucher code FIRSTFREE or TVFREE

Don't forget about possible customs charges, declare it as a gift to avoid charges
hukdealz

http://www.parcel2go.com/quotes?col=219&dest=4&p=1~0.5|20|20|10#/results … http://www.parcel2go.com/quotes?col=219&dest=4&p=1~0.5|20|20|10#/results £16 to India for 5-10 day service or £23 for 2 day service, if you use voucher code FIRSTFREE or TVFREEDon't forget about possible customs charges, declare it as a gift to avoid charges

Plus insurance cover which is another £7
bargainBooze

Plus insurance cover which is another £7

I just did it and it was £4 for insurance cover of up to £100
hukdealz

I just did it and it was £4 for insurance cover of up to £100

£100 cover is not enough £140 phone.
bargainBooze

£100 cover is not enough £140 phone.

well tesco is selling the phone for £110 if I remember correctly and if it was me, I wouldn't mind saving £3 and getting the phone price minus £10 back if it got lost (which these days is very unlikely anyway)
hukdealz

well tesco is selling the phone for £110 if I remember correctly and if … well tesco is selling the phone for £110 if I remember correctly and if it was me, I wouldn't mind saving £3 and getting the phone price minus £10 back if it got lost (which these days is very unlikely anyway)

with P2G its usually £0.00 back when coming to claim as their insurance is next to nothing. Plus their insurance prices are too high compared to others.

Edited by: "bargainBooze" 31st Jul 2014
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants