What is the biggest suitcase or bag etc that you can actually buy to fit the 55x40x20cm Ryanair/Easyjet baggage size?

Found 23rd Aug 2009
THEY MUST BE THE MOST POPULAR BAGGAGE SIZE FOR FLIGHT DEALS LISTED HERE - YET WHERE DO YOU GET THE BEST SIZED LUGGAGE?

I was in Tesco earlier - and saw two. One was 31 litres and the other 35 litres, at £17 and £45 quid respectively. But both were 21cm wide. All suggest "hand baggage size" - but Ryanair and Easyjet permit less than the standard size.

So there must be ones close to 40 litres that can be carried on these cheap flights - but who sells them?

8 Comments

I would suggest a crisp packet.

:x Ryanair are the fag end of the airlines - always looking to get their extras. It's a scandal that you cannot as far as I can see pay them in any way - debit or credit card without incurring a charge. AND
Max 15k per item on hold baggage is significantly less than other lo-cost carriers. I find Easy Jet and Aer Lingus tons better.

There are some fairly basic but very cheap Dunlop cases at Sport World or you could try Matalan for similar base quality but low cost.

i always flight with ryan air and when i do i use my patrol pack (army thing) which holds up to 50 ltrs. i suppose it depends wether or not you mind wa
hat your carrying, but you can pick these up for about £20-30 which i dont thinks to bad. if not you can get much cheaper civilian ones for about £15

We flew back ryanair on friday from malaga. We were one 1kg over on hold luggage and they were charging 15 euro per kg. Needless to say I took a couple of things out and put them in hand luggage but the girls on the desk were very very tight on the weight limit. Expected I know but never seen it this tight before

Banned

I'd say that the biggest that would fit would be one that's 55x40x20

pna1;6092262

:x Ryanair are the fag end of the airlines - always looking to get … :x Ryanair are the fag end of the airlines - always looking to get their extras. It's a scandal that you cannot as far as I can see pay them in any way - debit or credit card without incurring a charge. ANDMax 15k per item on hold baggage is significantly less than other lo-cost carriers. I find Easy Jet and Aer Lingus tons better.There are some fairly basic but very cheap Dunlop cases at Sport World or you could try Matalan for similar base quality but low cost.

Visa Electron is free - you can get one from Halifax with an easycash account
halifax.co.uk/ban…asp

Ikea do a carry-on bag for about £8.80 that is really light and fits all the dimensions, just!

We used it on a Ryanair flight no problems. It has a handle and wheels so is easy to use, but also folds flat for easy storage.
Post a comment
@
    Text