Expired

What is the cheapest way to replace Iphone screen?:

Found 25th Mar 2012
My daughter has dropped her Iphone and now the screen has cracked but is still working. It is not under warranty so if anyone knows where to get a screen fitted, please let me know thanks
Community Updates
21 Comments
ipatch are quite good if you are anywhere near leeds - they can probably do it in 30 mins
Ipatch?
Good to know, thanks.
Dead easy, done this myself, buy one from amazon just do a search. I bought the full screen unit which included the front digitizer and the tft screen behind it already assembled, came with all tools and instructions for about £25. All you need to do is undo 2 screws, use the suction tool that comes with it and lift the screen out. There is 3 cables behind it that you need to disconnect but again easy. Fitting is just the reverse.
not that Apple would replace the broken screen if it was under warranty
buy another from ebay, then return the duff one.

sorry, Orci told me to say that.
get a kit from ebay it wont take more than 10 mins.. personal experience I did it 2 days back
calum c

what iphone model is it as the prices and difficulty can vary from model … what iphone model is it as the prices and difficulty can vary from model to model

It is the Iphone 4

Any links for what I need please?:
Edited by: "bluebindy123" 25th Mar 2012
I bought a 3GS 4 weeks ago, smashed the glass within 3 days, replaced it myself for a fiver, dropped it again last week lol so now have another screen for £4.20.

Cheapest way is doing it yourself
you's are all cheapskates that won't pay apple to do it properly, it may cost you more but at least it will be genuine parts and done professionally
Well calum I think that Apple should't make their phone glass so fragile! It's not a case of being a cheapskate it's that Apple charge a fortune to repair it but you can do it yourself for a fiver. Granted the parts aren't official but are usually of comparable quality.
Any links to buy one that recommended by anyone who has used one before
Magic
calum c

you's are all cheapskates that won't pay apple to do it properly, it may … you's are all cheapskates that won't pay apple to do it properly, it may cost you more but at least it will be genuine parts and done professionally

Because me removing 8 screws and replacing the screen isn't as "professional" as the bloke who works in an apple shop??

or is it because my cheap Chinese manufactured replacement glass isn't the same as apples Chinese manufactured replacement glass??

You've probalay got a point there I should of gone to apple to get the screen replaced for £85 rather than paying a fiver to do I myself

Ironically I then smashed the screen I done myself so have now replaced it for a 2nd time in 3 weeks costing me a grand total of £9.20 where as apple would of cost me £170 for a phone that cost me £120.
fattyuk

Because me removing 8 screws and replacing the screen isn't as … Because me removing 8 screws and replacing the screen isn't as "professional" as the bloke who works in an apple shop??or is it because my cheap Chinese manufactured replacement glass isn't the same as apples Chinese manufactured replacement glass??You've probalay got a point there I should of gone to apple to get the screen replaced for £85 rather than paying a fiver to do I myself :)Ironically I then smashed the screen I done myself so have now replaced it for a 2nd time in 3 weeks costing me a grand total of £9.20 where as apple would of cost me £170 for a phone that cost me £120.

But maybe your screen wouldn't have smashed again if you weren't such a cheapskate and had apple repair it the first time with "GENUINE" parts which are much better quality

Lol of course people on here are cheapskates.......its a **** shopping deals site. X)
calum c

But maybe your screen wouldn't have smashed again if you weren't such a … But maybe your screen wouldn't have smashed again if you weren't such a cheapskate and had apple repair it the first time with "GENUINE" parts which are much better quality

lol or perhaps If I didn't literally throw it out of my hand as I was running might help regardless genuine glass or not it would still crack!!

your whole "cheapskate" attitude is making you look like a moron not me mate read the title of the thread
Try this link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNM90pb-Xwk
Its not so hard but make sure you buy a complete screen with digitizer & tools. Ebay good for this but make sure you check feedback.
Go back in time and leave a warning message somewhere near where you are about to drop it of course!
calum c

But maybe your screen wouldn't have smashed again if you weren't such a … But maybe your screen wouldn't have smashed again if you weren't such a cheapskate and had apple repair it the first time with "GENUINE" parts which are much better quality

This is one of the reason Apple are so successful, They have so many people who are gullible enough to pay £400+ on an item that probably cost £2 to make.

I think £2 is dramatic licence personally?
Happy to say bought bits off ebay and now have a fully working iphone 4 with a new screen. Thanks for all your help.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants