What is the deal with Amazon seach?

Posted 24th AprEdited by:"HottyHotty"
I've always thought Amazon's search tech is rubbish (deliberately or otherwise), for example searching for a phone case is awful no matter how specific you are.

One thing that's always bugged me though (and I may be being thick here): if I go to Amazon and seach X, and then filter for Prime, filter for 4* - I might get 200 products say. If after that I filter by price, that number might go to 150, or 100.

So why does filtering a set number of items change the actual number of items if that makes sense?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
You mean when sorting by price? I always found ebay better for generic sub £5 items.

amazon has too many sponsored results that don’t budge even when sorting
AndyRoyd25/04/2020 01:48

https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/amazon-sort-by-price-never-works-amazon-dirty-tactics-3337336

The original poster mentioned that was a method to fix the problem by amending lines in html field. Is this true and how so?
Sam22325/04/2020 00:03

You mean when sorting by price? I always found ebay better for generic sub …You mean when sorting by price? I always found ebay better for generic sub £5 items. amazon has too many sponsored results that don’t budge even when sorting

I actually don't mind the sponsored stuff as it comes in the same place on the page, just mystified why the number of products dramatically drops when you sort by price.
I noticed this years ago. One example is that if filtering by lowest price the number of results plummet. But if filtering by highest price (first) the number of results go back to original displayed amount.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions